WORK/STUDY Tablet/Monitor - Reading/working

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

lpr11
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Spectacles

WORK/STUDY Tablet/Monitor - Reading/working

Postby lpr11 » Wed 19 Dec 2018 11:32 am

Hi all,

I've had KC for a few years now but have noticed it getting worse recently. I'm in my 3rd year at uni and have been looking for things to make my life a bit easier for studying and have found the following tablet, which is fairly new on the market.

'Onyx Boox'

https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/2018/ ... iew-video/

It's an android tablet that can also be used as a second monitor. It has an e-reader screen (like a giant kindle). As most of my uni reading is online now, I think this will help with eye strain massively. I would recommend looking at the youtube reviews. It's not perfect, but it seems to me like it could be a great aid for those with KC at work or school etc.

I haven't bought it yet, I need to find the money first as they are very expensive! But I thought I'd share anyway in case somebody is searching for something like me.

lpr11
Vision: Spectacles

Re: WORK/STUDY Tablet/Monitor - Reading/working

Postby lpr11 » Tue 08 Jan 2019 5:20 pm

UPDATE: Managed to get one, 9.7 inches version and it makes a big difference. I'm now downloading pdfs and putting them on the tablet to read.

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: WORK/STUDY Tablet/Monitor - Reading/working

Postby Anne Klepacz » Tue 08 Jan 2019 5:43 pm

Many thanks for this. There's such a range of new technology out there now, that it can be hard to know what to choose. And of course people's needs vary. But it's great to hear that it's made life easier for you and maybe others will find it useful too.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”