Cross linking Day 18 - Red Eye

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Kaylzs
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Spectacles

Cross linking Day 18 - Red Eye

Postby Kaylzs » Thu 01 Mar 2018 4:45 am

Hi there
My first post to this forum. I have to say I’ve found this group after having cross linking done and really wish I’d found it sooner.

I’m just looking for a little reassurance - I had an epi-off cross linking done 2.5 weeks ago. I have finish my dexo drop and now am using FML.

All clear given at 1 week and my eyes have been clear (although vision is still taking its sweet time in returning). I woke up this morning and both my eyes are pretty red - this is a new development. I’ve recently gone back to work and using computers all day. Should I be worried?

Any and all advice is welcome - thank you.

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Cross linking Day 18 - Red Eye

Postby Anne Klepacz » Thu 01 Mar 2018 10:06 am

It may be nothing to worry about, but better safe than sorry with any sudden changes. I'd be ringing the clinic where you had the CXL done and asking their advice. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Kaylzs
Vision: Spectacles

Re: Cross linking Day 18 - Red Eye

Postby Kaylzs » Thu 01 Mar 2018 10:53 pm

Thanks Anne - I did give them a call but with all the snow there wasn’t anyone who I could speak to outside of A&E however it seems to have got a little better as the day progressed. Will keep an eye on it but thank you for your response.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”