Dry Eye products

Don't ask questions here; this is for posting closed FAQs with their answers only.

Moderators: John Smith, Sweet

Andrew MacLean
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Dry Eye products

Postby Andrew MacLean » Thu 26 Feb 2009 12:59 pm

Please use this string to post the names and sources of 'dry eye' treatments that you have found useful. It would be a good idea also to post a note of where these products can be bought. The forum does not offer any guarantees or endorse any recommendations made here, but this string may be of help to people struggling to find an eye lubricant that suits their own particular needs.

My contribution:

I now use

Clinitas Soothe during the day. This is preservative free.
Clinitas Ultra 3 overnight. This allows my eyes to remain lubricated overnight, so that I can open my eyes without pain or discomfort in the morning.
Added; March 25
Clinitas Hydrate as required; but only when I am not wearing lenses.

Andrew

A wide range of dry eye products, including the Clinitas range, Systane etc can be found on line at

http://www.dry-eyes.co.uk/
Andrew MacLean

kasimudin
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: I have Intacs implanted

Re: Dry Eye products

Postby kasimudin » Thu 12 Mar 2009 10:57 am

Hi,
Thanks for the information re Clinatas. However I am lookig for something that I can use alongside my contact lens. Is this solution suitable? I have a hard contact lens in middle with a soft outter rim. I am only using one contact lens at this moment in time due to the corneal implant in my other eye few weeks ago! So i am very much relying on my contact lens, which i do find uncomfortable at times!
I use a solution called Systane in my untreated eye, it is very good. However this solution cannot be used with contact lens.
Thanks.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Thu 12 Mar 2009 1:15 pm

Clinitas Soothe is suitable for use with contact lenses. Just check with your optometrist before using it; there may be something odd about your lens that makes this general rule not apply.

All the best, and welcome

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Lizb
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Spectacles

Postby Lizb » Wed 25 Mar 2009 11:43 am

I have got a hard inner lens with the soft outer rim (Synergise KC lenses) and my CL fitter has recommended the Clinatas range for my to try.
Life is too short for drama & petty things!
So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

I´m not strange, I´m just not normal

Every sixty seconds you spend angry, upset or mad is a full minute of happiness you never get back

jay87
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby jay87 » Fri 11 Jan 2013 8:32 pm

I use

Celluvisc Single Unit Doses (from Pharmacy/Prescription). I give ****
Hypromellose (from Pharmacy) I give ***
Jake 8)

S+H1

Postby S+H1 » Thu 26 May 2016 11:29 am

Hi, I am looking for recommendations from other sufferers of KC for any type of good comfort drops that will allow me longer wear throughout the day of my RGP`s. I am also looking for drops I can use whilst wearing my RGP`s for when my eyes start to feel dry & itchy. I know myself that I wear my lenses far too long in the day but it`s something that can`t be avoided as I have a 2yr old son so my lenses are in from the minute I wake up until I go to bed at night (other than when I take them out to have a shower or a bath). The length of time I wear my lenses is what causes my eyes to be so dry & itchy, eventually leading to my eyes being red and sometimes very sore so ideally I would like to find eye drops I can use whilst wearing my RGP`s to lubricate between my eye and contact lens. I would also like to find a good disinfecting/storing solution, rinsing saline solution & rewetting drops package. I have previously tried a make called OPTIMUM but I think this is an American make as I can only find it online, it is quite pricey and delivery time takes forever so I would appreciate any advice or recommendations on things people have tried and had success with as it would be so much more handy to be able to buy these solutions from somewhere more local and for it not to cost a fortune so any advice would be great? Thanks in advance

jay87
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby jay87 » Thu 26 May 2016 1:22 pm

Hi S+H1,

Welcome to the Keratoconus Group!

If you would like to join the group and receive our newsletter please private message Anne Keplacz.

I see you have posted in the FAQ page, this is fine,

Just to let you know more people post in the General Discussion Forum, and I have made a thread with a lot of information regarding treating the Cause of dry eye rather than just the symptoms

Please see the link here,

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16084

I hope you find it helpful,

Many Thanks,

Jake
Jake 8)

Nashaax3

Postby Nashaax3 » Tue 06 Sep 2016 10:38 am

Hycosan drops is what I use as it's a preservative free as I'm allergic to anything with preservatives in and it really comforts my eyes when wearing rigid gas permeable contact lenses.
:)

Return to “Frequently asked Questions - and Answers”