pentacam

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

danieljdavies
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC

pentacam

Postby danieljdavies » Wed 25 Jun 2014 7:07 am

hi all
I had a pentacam scan in November (2 years after crosslinking on my left eye) which showed that KC progression had stopped. this was good news, however it also showed that there was still progression in my right eye, but not very much to be worried about.

I have 2 questions:

1. how long should i wait until my next scan to see if there has been any changes? should i wait a year or would now be enough time?
2. what is the average age that KC stops progressing? Im 31 now, so after the next scan im going to consider whether i need cxl in my right eye. The vision is currently good, but obviously I dont want it to get worse,

thanks
Dan

CrippsCorner
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: pentacam

Postby CrippsCorner » Wed 25 Jun 2014 7:56 am

Hi Dan, your situation sounds similar to mine (as you may have read in my own thread) although you're a little ahead of me!

As I understand it then, you only had CXL in one eye? 6 months should be sufficient to see any progression. On average it seems that progression stops around 40 years old.

I'm booked in for CXL on my worst eye this Friday, and my better eye is leagues ahead... however CT scans show it is still getting worse though (albeit not as quickly) but I, like you, need to decide if it's worthwhile trying to preserve that better eyesight. Personally, I think it is.

danieljdavies
Contributor
Contributor

Re: pentacam

Postby danieljdavies » Wed 25 Jun 2014 11:14 am

yes mate, just one eye (my left which is the worst)

good luck

Return to “General Discussion Forum”