Some good news

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Some good news

Postby space_cadet » Thu 12 Dec 2013 7:00 pm

you may recall all the stress I have had over the last few years with my eyes, n how I had lost any confidence in the NHS n hospital so over the summer, inspired by the conference which was in June I decided to be brave n go for a second opinion privatley, which initally resulted in a pair of glasses which comprised of plain glass for my left (un grafted useless eye) and a slight script for my right (grafted eye of once doom) the dude I saw wanted the hospital to do a topography to save me a few quid , so that happened then went back to nice private guy, I will call him Fred.

WOW! Fred managed to fit a Aspheri - KD lense and have it tweeked by Jack Allen lenses n after 2 days of now wearing it not for long but for long enough, it is comfortable, n the best bit I WAS ABLE TO SEE THE COOKING INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE MY DAUGHTERS LUNCH BOTH YESTERDAY AND TODAY!! Wearing it in the grafted eye

This may sound like minor or small steps but for me it is HUGE!

So I thought I would share, now to find where I put the hylo forte hydration drops as left eye feels rather dry , gotta love Blepharitus!
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Grant
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Some good news

Postby Grant » Thu 12 Dec 2013 9:34 pm

Great news, really glad for you.

vintagerose1962
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC
Vision: I'm coping with no aids

Postby vintagerose1962 » Fri 13 Dec 2013 6:30 pm

Space cadet despite all that you've been through, ( have read your posts) I love the way you write and I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR SOME GOOD NEWS FOR YOU!!!!

Good wishes always. x

Elizabeth Mair

Postby Elizabeth Mair » Fri 13 Dec 2013 8:24 pm

Great news. That will be make a big difference to you and your daughter.
It also proves that helpful info can be picked up at KC conferences, and also a support group meetings.

space_cadet
Champion
Champion

Postby space_cadet » Sat 14 Dec 2013 2:05 pm

thanks all :)

Last night I got a take away with my partner we gave mini space_cadet some rice a while later I noticed she had a single grain in her ear :) sounds small but to me was n is huge made me cry happy tears x
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 14 Dec 2013 2:36 pm

Actually you are wrong. That doesn't sound like a small thing, it sounds like a huge step forward! Well done, Space cadet.
Andrew MacLean

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Sat 14 Dec 2013 9:47 pm

Space_cadet,

That is brilliant news!! Was lovely chatting to you last week!

i am so glad that things are getting better for you! It sounds like a HUGE thing to be able to see so much with a lens and that it is comfortable!

Love claire Xxx
Sweet X x X

space_cadet
Champion
Champion

Postby space_cadet » Sun 15 Dec 2013 9:11 am

thanks Andrew n Sweet. Tonight is a close friends birthday meal n I am going to hold off lens time till later so I can order off the menu not the same thing I get every time I am in this particular restaurant as it has become habbit to have the same dish in places as saves the awkwardness of not being able to see the menu.

x

jay87
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby jay87 » Thu 19 Dec 2013 10:02 pm

Great news Leah,

I am glad these lenses are really helping your visual aquity

It does improve your quality of life so much doesn't it, the small things most people take for granted like reading text.

I have Jack Allen Profile RGP lenses in both eyes, I do think they are a great lens manufacturer, and an independent as far as I can tell. Good to see, and long may their lenses continue.
Jake 8)

Return to “General Discussion Forum”