Help Please

Don't ask questions here; this is for posting closed FAQs with their answers only.

Moderators: John Smith, Sweet

Peter_Morley
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Help Please

Postby Peter_Morley » Thu 04 Apr 2013 2:34 pm

Hi Andrew
I'm new to this forum so this has probably been said before but I'd vouch for the comment that old tights or stocking over the end of your vacuum cleaner are a great way to find lenses.

However from past experience most times I'd had a lens pop out in the car it's been on my clothes and there's a danger of it leaving the car with you when you get out.

Last time I actually knelt on the seat brushing myself down and although I didn't see it fall off my clothes at the time it actually turned up when carrying out the vac procedure

Hope that helps

longhoc
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby longhoc » Sat 06 Apr 2013 2:44 pm

Hi Peter

Welcome to the Forum ! When I worse lenses, I hated losing them in the car. I always had to get someone with proper vision to find them for me... wish I'd known about the tights and vacuum idea then :D

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 13 Apr 2013 10:09 am

Peter

Welcome to the forum. The most awkward place I ever lost a lens was on a train. Fortunately my fellow travellers seemed to enjoy betting onto their hands and knees. The lens turned up in the fold of my jacket.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Return to “Frequently asked Questions - and Answers”