Kerasoft Advice

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Kezia
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Spectacles

Kerasoft Advice

Postby Kezia » Sun 22 Apr 2012 6:33 pm

Hello All,

Currently, I am in the process of getting a new pair of Kerasoft lenses as after only 1 month of use my original lenses were torn.
These lenses were returned to Ultra Vision and they advised me the lenses were mishandled.

Therefore, I got absolutley no refund on these lenses which were intially expensive.

On Friday 20th April, 2012, I am going to get fitted for KeraSoft IC lenses.

I need advice on what constitutes mishandling as to the best of my knowledge I, in no way mishandled my lenses...please assist me with this.

These lenses are extremely expensive especially here in Trinidad and I really need to ensure value for money.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: Kerasoft Advice

Postby Andrew MacLean » Mon 23 Apr 2012 2:03 pm

Sorry Kezia, can't help, but I'd be interested to know the answer!

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Matthew_
Champion
Champion
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Kerasoft Advice

Postby Matthew_ » Mon 23 Apr 2012 4:16 pm

Hi,
I used kerasoft lenses for a couple of years until very recently. I am not sure you could mis-handle them without deliberate intent. I treated them much the same as you would other lenses. Specifically, I cleaned them with a normal cleaning solution and then left overnight in a peroxide system like oxy-sept /easy-sept. The next day, I washed them off in saline (probably unecessary) and then popped them in.

They are more robust then disposable soft lenses and in some ways more than rgps because they are not brittle and also not small enough to go down the plug-hole.

I kept mine for 12 - 18 months at a time, after which they usually just split or tore. If yours have torn straight away, it sounds like a bad batch!

Get a life...get a dog!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”