10 days post op

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Bob Mason
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC
Vision: I don't have KC

10 days post op

Postby Bob Mason » Tue 10 May 2011 8:10 am

My wife Jackie had a corneal graft 10 days ago. Late yesterday she had a searing pain in her eye that lasted for about 20 mins. When I looked in the eye I could see a jelly like substance on the sclera. Jackie told me that up to that point her sight was begining to clear but now it is back to how it was the day after the op. I have rung the clinic this morning and we have an appointment for 11am so I will let you know later what has happened.

Bob
Today is not soon enough to do what should have been done yesterday - at least that is what my Granny used to say. Trouble is I need a 26 hr day and a nine day week just to keep up.

melissa
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: 10 days post op

Postby melissa » Tue 10 May 2011 8:58 am

good luck. try not to worry unnecessarily. wait to see what the doctor says. let us know how it goes!

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Vision: Other

Postby space_cadet » Tue 10 May 2011 9:42 am

Shall be thinking of you guys and might bump into you in a couple of hours x
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Bob Mason
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Mason » Wed 11 May 2011 4:52 am

We went to the clinic and was seen by the same Reg we have seen through out. She told us the top of the graft had become detached and put a bandage CL on it. Upped the droppd and told us loss of pressure in the eye acounted for the blurring of the vision. She told us the pressure will build up to normal again as soon as the tear heals.

Gave us a right turn it did but at least with her eye full of anaesthetic Jackie had a few precious hours without pain.

Bob
Today is not soon enough to do what should have been done yesterday - at least that is what my Granny used to say. Trouble is I need a 26 hr day and a nine day week just to keep up.

GrandPaClanger

Postby GrandPaClanger » Wed 11 May 2011 5:20 am

Ouch. Hope things improve. Those anesthetic drops certainly do the trick.

Ian

Bob Mason
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Mason » Fri 13 May 2011 5:19 am

Since the scare Jackie's eye is improving rapidly in appearance. The blood clot has gone and the eye feels more comfortable under the bandage CL. Now we wait for Tuesday to see what the REg has to say.

Bob

Helen G
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Helen G » Fri 13 May 2011 8:45 am

Best wishes for tuesday, must be quite a scary time for you both

Bob Mason
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Mason » Sun 15 May 2011 5:16 am

Weekend Report

Jackie tells me she still has no effective vision through the new graft (that went when the graft came loose) but the eye is comfortable and she can hardly feel the bandage CL. Bit worried what the Reg will say on Tueasday buy I must remember to get a form from her so my GP can prescribe the drops we need.

Bob

Bob Mason
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Mason » Wed 18 May 2011 4:45 am

Seen by Reg in clinic yesterday. The tear in the graft has nearly healed so a new bandage CL fitted and to continue with Chloramphenicol and Dexamethasone eye drops for another 2/52 until she sees the Consultant on June 1st. So it is steady as you go and be carefull of that eye.

Bob

Return to “General Discussion Forum”