RUNTIME ERRORS

If you have a question or comment about the forum or the web site you can post it here.

Moderator: John Smith

Sue

RUNTIME ERRORS

Postby Sue » Mon 22 Mar 2004 3:04 pm

Hi John, Whenever I open the Discussion Forum or switch between pages, I get a dialogue box which says the following:-

A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to debug?
Line: 26 (this number changes each time)
Error: Object expected

I never used to get this on the old KC website. Can you tell me whether it is something to do with my pc or the new website? It is driving me crazy having to close this box every time the screen changes! :roll:

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

SUE

P.S. I think you have done a wonderful job in up-dating the Forum - it is excellent. Much easier to use and it keeps everything more orderly. Keep up the good work!

Sue Ingram
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

It's me!

Postby Sue Ingram » Mon 22 Mar 2004 3:17 pm

Hi John, just wanted to let you know that it was me who posted the msg re runtime errors. I did not realise you had to login to the forum in order for your username to be used. Sussed it now!

SUE
SUE :-)

John Smith
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby John Smith » Tue 23 Mar 2004 1:16 am

Thanks for the comments, Sue. I'd obviously not made the point clear about the need to login, as you're not the first to make that comment.

The "Runtime Error" certainly shouldn't appear though. I'll try and dig into that one.

John
John

Sue Ingram
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Sue Ingram » Sat 03 Apr 2004 1:57 pm

Hi John, Not sure whether you have done anything but I am not getting the same incidence of runtime errors that I was getting before. Now it just seems to be initially when the page first opens.

SUE

P.S. What exactly is a 'runtime error'?
SUE :-)

John Smith
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby John Smith » Sun 04 Apr 2004 10:48 pm

Hi Sue,

Glad to hear that your problems are subsiding. Still haven't managed to track anything down.

A "Runtime error" is generally an error that is generated by the operating system or language that a program is written in... at "run time" - when the program is being used.

This is opposed to the more common "compile time" error which happens when a programmer is writing and testing the code.
John

Return to “Help and Advice”