Hello It's been a while

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Anne B
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Hello It's been a while

Postby Anne B » Thu 27 May 2010 1:32 pm

Hi all,
Well it has been ages since I came here and just thought I would pop by and say hello. My eyes have been doing really well since my two grafts although recently I had a mega nasty infection in one eye, but that is improving.

Also wanted to share with you my success story post grafts - before my grafts I was at the point where I couldn't even see the eye chart and was really struggling to cope and felt very down about being like this forever. Anyway to cut a long story short I have just completed a Access course in Nursing, Health and Science and have been accepted to study for a degree in child's Nursing at King's College London, something I never ever thought I would do. My vision is now 6/12 if I squint!!!

This is just a little bit of encouragment for anyone reading this and feels lost like I did not so long ago I hope it helps and hang on in there xx

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Hello It's been a while

Postby Anne Klepacz » Thu 27 May 2010 3:34 pm

How lovely to see you here again! And what wonderful news - many congratulations. Here's wishing you every success in your degree course. And thank you so much for coming back and telling us the good news. I'm sure it will be a huge encouragement to the people who are having a hard time right now. When things are going wrong, it seems like it will never end. I know that's how I felt many years ago. So it's great to hear from those people who have been through the mill and come out the other end smiling!
All the very best
Anne

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Fri 28 May 2010 6:19 am

Hey Anne

Welcome back!

Don't Squint, but 6/12 is not at all too bad;

Every good wish

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

melissa
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby melissa » Fri 28 May 2010 7:59 am

Hey Anne, congratulations....
and thanks for telling a happy story! a lot of the posts tend to be about negative experiences, but i have also been lucky to have a good experience and i think it is important for newcomers to get a balanced view....
it is never plain sailing, but there is hope for satisfactory solutions....

Return to “General Discussion Forum”