who would you like to meet?

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

eman samir
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Spectacles

who would you like to meet?

Postby eman samir » Tue 02 Oct 2007 4:45 pm

if you are given the chance to meet a famous person..so,who will be that one?
for indeed,it is not the eyes that grow blind but it is the hearts which are within the bosoms that grow blind...

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: who would you like to meet?

Postby Andrew MacLean » Tue 02 Oct 2007 5:01 pm

In my work I get to meet loads of famous people: politicians, members of various Royal Families (I mean the UK one, Norwegian, Jordanian, etc), some television actors and stage and film actors etc., as well as leading members of various faith communities.

But, I do think I'd like to meet Stephen Fry (I never have met him).

Do you know the rule of the six (or seven) handshakes. This holds that no one on Earth is more than six (or seven) handshakes from anyone else on Earth.

Here is how it works. Andrew meets Robbie Coltraine. They shake hands. There is no separation between Andrew and RC, as they actually meet and shake hands with each other. Robbie Coltraine gets a part in Harry Potter and meets Daniel Radcliffe. They shake hands. Therefore Andrew and Daniel are separated by a single handshake.

Meantime, Andrew has already met Cardinal Ratzinger. They have shaken hands, therefore via RC back to Andrew, Daniel has a two-handshake separation from Benedict XVI.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

tadiehatley
Contributor
Contributor

Postby tadiehatley » Mon 08 Oct 2007 3:30 pm

Hi what do u do Andrew to meet all these famous bods??..... I used to work for a Charity so we the odd famous person to come give us some money, or to rasie an issue or two.... I would love to meet ..umm can't think of any one off hand I would have loved to met Princess Diana and have a log chat with her....
Hayley and Tadie

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Mon 08 Oct 2007 3:43 pm

At one time I ran one of Europe's largest non-statutory social work organizations. We had frequent visits from people like the Queen Mum, Princess Di, Prince Charles, his sister and brothers. I last met the Queen when she came to launch a ship in the town were I work now. I met members of other European Royal Families when I worked in the University of Strathclyde, the Queen of Jordan through a United Nations link, I studied with some people who went on to become cardinals,and although I am not Roman Catholic, I did visit the Vatican quite regularly.

Before I gave it up to change my career, I was a record producer and have retained some friendships from that time. I was part of the Salzburg group that published the Salzburg Protocols for the control of HIV and AIDS, so I guess I have just been around when people have shown an interest in some of the things that were being done.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Mon 08 Oct 2007 4:44 pm

I would love to meet Snow Patrol, they are my favourite band ever!!!

For an actor, I would have loved to have met River Phoenix as he was just so talented, shame he had to die so young.
Sweet X x X

samuel
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby samuel » Mon 08 Oct 2007 6:00 pm

i would liked to have met Mich Hepburn the man was a genius.
OR lilly munster
escalators will never brake they will only ever become stairs

Elizabeth R
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Elizabeth R » Thu 18 Oct 2007 10:21 pm

I would like to meet up with simon cowell 8) and osbounrne and Richard and judy;s and fern britton and phillip is from this moring.and madonna.sheila walsh and beth moore and paula white and kristine franklin and Rosalind moss Betty and james Robison .who is in canade.and i need to meet Doreen virtue ph.D.I would like a big party.

Charlottes mum
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC
Vision: I don't have KC

Postby Charlottes mum » Sat 27 Feb 2010 2:18 pm

I would really love to meet Craig and Charlie Reid (The Proclaimers)........................oh I already did................. :D :D :D quite a few times!! Lovely guys. The whole band are top guys too. I try to see 'em play twice a year - got this years ticks' already!! :) :) :) :)
me and the guys.jpg
Dublin NCH 2009
(84.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
"Promise me you'll always remember that you're braver than you believe, you are stronger than you seem and smarter than you think" .....Winnie the Pooh

kitty kat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kitty kat » Sat 27 Feb 2010 11:02 pm

Would love to meet Johnny Depp, Jamie Redknapp and Ewan McGregor :P

Meet Prince Charles when I was 12, he made a visit to the town where I stayed. Mark Beaumont, Lorraine McIntosh and when I worked in Ikea as a checkout chick I served Carol Smillie, one half of Colin and Justin (the one with the blonde hair), couple of footballers and the guy who presented a Scottish game show - passport something?

space_cadet
Champion
Champion

Postby space_cadet » Sun 28 Feb 2010 6:31 pm

who would I like to meet? hum... thinks ...

really hard as I don't tend to look at people as 'hero's' as many do, instead i tend to be of the belief that anyone who makes a difference in anothers life in a positive way is awesome!

altho hum, have met Michael Ball when he interviewed me in 2005 on This Morning about Self Injury, guess it would be nice to fill him in on how I am now...

Met a lot of leeds united players past and present

Would love to actually thinking about it of been able to meet Nick Drake , chill out , and just be around him to see what he was actually like ...
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”