Germany

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

GreigS
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Germany

Postby GreigS » Thu 26 Nov 2009 9:00 pm

Folks, has anyone within the forum ever visited Germany?

The traditional German Market comes to Edinburgh @ this time of year & each time I visit it I always think to myself that I should go & see the real Germany - you just cant beat that good old German beer :D

The only thing is that Ive never got round to going & I dont know which area is the best to visit. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

BTW does anyone know the German for

Ive had a corneal graft so can you be careful with my left eye? :mrgreen:

Greig

kitty kat
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Spectacles

Re: Germany

Postby kitty kat » Fri 27 Nov 2009 11:08 pm

sorry never been to Germany, but I love the German market in Edinburgh, going next weekend and can't wait :D

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 28 Nov 2009 11:25 am

Ich habe eine Hornhaut-Transplantat hatte so können Sie mit dem linken Auge vorsichtig sein.

I studied in Austria, and I love Bavaria. Munich is one of my ten favourite cities in the world.

All the best

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

GreigS
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby GreigS » Sat 28 Nov 2009 5:34 pm

Kitty Kat - I know what you mean about the Christmas market - I always love going to the wee refreshment area that they have set up @ the back of the market. You just cant beat that German beer.

Andrew - thanks for that translation - It will come in handy in the future. A couple of the guys I work with have said the same thing about Munich - the best thing about the city is that it has good public transport - an advantage for me as I dont drive.

I think Munich will be my first experience of the real Germany especially since you can fly there from Edinburgh with Easyjet.

Regards

Greig

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Vision: Other

Postby space_cadet » Sun 29 Nov 2009 1:20 pm

there is a great German Christmas Market in Leeds as well, which is great, we went last weekend with Ben's mum when she came to stay, going to go again at some point as well, it is walking distance from us, just uber cold outside so I am lacking the motivation to move.
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”