Moderator: Elizabeth Mair

magictime
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Re: Next Scottish group meeting Guide dogs for the Blind

Postby magictime » Wed 11 Nov 2009 5:49 pm

Oh, I feel guilty now! I don't mean to suggest for a moment that there's anything wrong with the topic of the meeting or with advertising it on this board; obviously you have to cater for all your members, whatever their level of visual impairment. I was just drawing attention to the fact that someone new to the board might pick up mixed messages about the 'worst case scenarios' for KC. I'm fairly new here myself and was confused when I started reading about people being registered blind etc., partly because I'd previously read the info suggesting KC doesn't cause blindness.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Wed 11 Nov 2009 6:00 pm

:D. Don't apologise! A little bit of controversy may make this the busiest meeting ever!

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Elizabeth Mair
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Elizabeth Mair » Sun 22 Nov 2009 2:15 pm

Just to remind people about the Glasgow support meeting. It is from 2-4pm, the usual time.We have booked the TV room so we will be there,unless the rest of the centre is free, then we will be in the main lounge.

Hope to see lots of people there. Unfortunately Paul who has just received his own guide dog is unable to make this meeting but we will see Paul and Ron at future meetings.

GreigS
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby GreigS » Wed 25 Nov 2009 8:57 pm

Elizabeth, I would love to come on Saturday but unfortunately I wont be able to make it.

Are all the meetings held In Glasgow or do we have some that are held in Edinburgh?

Although I stay in Livingston which is only 30 miles away from Glasgow getting there by public transport ( I dont drive) is a complete mare. The bus service is abysmal & the train journey from Livingston South to Glasgow Central is forgettable.

Greig

Elizabeth Mair
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Elizabeth Mair » Thu 26 Nov 2009 6:16 pm

We have been hoping to start a support group in Edinburgh for several years. One of the optometrists who has a practice in the centre of Edinburgh has even offered us the use of his premises for meetings.
If people were interested in running a support group in Edinburgh I would help them get it up and running. I live just south of Glasgow which is why a support group started in Glasgow.Groups usually meet 3-4 times a year so it is not a gigantic committment for one or two people to organise speakers for meetings. I could mail people to let them know when meetings are on, plus posters can go up in the Edinburgh area.

Anybody from the Edinburgh area interested in this, please get back to me. We have a few members who live in that area already. You can send me a PM - don't disclose your contact details on the forum though.

GreigS - are you on the mailing list? If not send me a PM so that you can be sent newletters, booklets etc and notes from Glasgow support group meetings. Anybody else not on the mailing list can do the same.

Looking forward to hearing from people. Elizabeth

Return to “Scottish Local Group”