Can't sleep! (for a change)

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Can't sleep! (for a change)

Postby space_cadet » Sun 04 Oct 2009 3:28 am

I am on sleeping benzodiazapens fromthe GP and strong pain meds which should make me sleep.

Well mybody kinda goes into shut down mode but head remains awake often for hours or all night,

ANy idea's?

Warm milk doesn't work
Baths don't work
Horlicks tastes ickity ick
minduflness shuts my body down but not head
argh what dto do

help appriciated,
x
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Andrew MacLean

Re: Can't sleep! (for a change)

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 04 Oct 2009 8:09 am

Cut out coffee, tea and all other stimulants. Worked for me! :D

(I now have only one cup of coffee per day, and that in the morning).

All the best

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

space_cadet
Champion
Champion

Postby space_cadet » Sun 04 Oct 2009 9:23 am

I don't touch stimulants havent for around 10 years,

Gah! driving me nuts
xox
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

space_cadet
Champion
Champion

Postby space_cadet » Tue 06 Oct 2009 8:30 am

Went to the GP on sunday morning (joys of living and being at a gp's that is open 8am till 8pm every day of the year and you don't need an appointment) and explained the lack of sleep is getting to me imensely as it is adding to the strain on my eyes etc.

After having the dose of benzo's wacked and two different ones now for over a year she concluded 'benzo's arent the answer lets take you off them and try amatriptaline' me 'isn't that a epilepsy drug and anti depressent also used in pain management and sleep in autistic kids ' her 'do you know all the psychiatric section of the BNF' - a comment often asked by medics to me.

So off the benzo's sure I am having withdrawls as was on 20mg temazepam and 10mg lorazepam. and came off cold turkey, last night feel like I slept 10mins, Ben claims to of moved me twice for hogging the quilt, I can remember having a dream about my best mate making egg mayonaise and feeling really hot, clamy and then cold thoughout the night and being sick twice but don't recall getting much sleep.

Got an electrician over at the moment then bed will call once more. Better sleep feel like meh, wouldn't mind but lastnight the LGBTQ Society at uni did a pub crawl which I went on for a while beihng on the committee ment I had to show my face for a while, came home at 10pm, had only had one drink, feeling Iike I should of stayed all night and drunkt he bars dry at least then id have justification for feeling this lowsy.

a very meh and ick
spaced out Lea
xox

Loopy-Lou
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Loopy-Lou » Tue 06 Oct 2009 10:38 pm

Have you tried Zopiclone?
Also get hubby to try some head/neck/shouldder massage as we hold most tension there
x

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”