manchester KC group

Announcements from the <b>new</b> Manchester Local Group

Moderators: Sweet, mike scott

Elizabeth Mair
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

re Scottish KC group

Postby Elizabeth Mair » Tue 12 Jun 2007 3:26 pm

We have about 90 members, but a lot of them live too far away to travel to Glasgow for meetings, although one person travels 200 miles to come to occasional meetings.There are usually 15-20 people at group meetings, which also includes family members and friends.
As a result of the distances I always take notes of the talks at meetings then e-mail them to members, so that people don't miss out. In between meetings we keep in contact by e-mail, letter or phone.eg I e-mailed everybody when I heard about the Amo solution being taken off the shelves.
Every group is different. You just go by the needs and interests of the group. Some groups tend to have lots of medical speakers.We have also had speakers from Visibility talking about services they can offer, another day on welfare benefits and our speaker next time is from a company that supplies software and hardware for people who are visually impaired. We have also had medical speakers.
I hope the Manchester group goes well. The important part is sharing and supporting each other.

chrisdemetriou
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: manchester KC group

Postby chrisdemetriou » Tue 19 Aug 2008 2:18 pm

Is there a meeting in Autumn for the Manchester KC Group?

Steven Williams
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Other

Postby Steven Williams » Thu 11 Sep 2008 10:46 pm

Is there a meeting in Autumn for the Manchester KC Group?[quote="chrisdemetriou"]Is there a meeting in Autumn for the Manchester KC Group?[/quote]

The Manchester group got going again in 2007 thanks to the efforts of Mike Scott. It had two well supported meets which I attended one in June and one in November.

At the last meeting Mike mentioned about having the next meeting in spring 2008 and inviting Mr Brahma along.

Nothing has happened in 2008 and I've not read anything from Mike on here since 2007 so I hope hes OK.

Annie
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC
Vision: I don't have KC

Postby Annie » Wed 15 Oct 2008 1:15 pm

Will there be any support group meetings in the Manchester area soon? I think my son and I would be interested in going to one.

Annie

Lizb
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Spectacles

Postby Lizb » Mon 30 Mar 2009 7:32 am

Is there any plans for a Manchester group meeting anytime soon? I would be very interested in attending, especially as i am currently having a nightmare time with my local hospital (a northwest based hospital).

Matt Allgood
Committee
Committee

Postby Matt Allgood » Thu 30 Apr 2009 10:50 am

Hi all

The Manchester Group seems to have been inactive of late. The KC Committee is keen to hear of anyone in Manchester or the North West area who is willing to co-ordinate a regional support group on a voluntary basis. The Committee can provide advice on how to run a self help group, and support in terms of mailings to regional members.

Please contact Anne Klepacz or I for further details.

Many thanks

Matt Allgood
Treasurer

Steven Williams
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Steven Williams » Thu 07 May 2009 9:00 pm

Matt its a long time ago now ....sadly the last Manchester KC group was back in November 2007.

It was reformed for the second time thanks to the hard work and efforts of Mike Scott who on his last message on the KC Manchester forum board used the unusual designation of "KC Mcr moderator". Mikes last message here also was in November 2007. I did ask in an earlier message (Sept 2008) if he was OK and what the situation was regarding the Manchester group (viz has Mike resiggned?) but no information has been forthcoming. I see Mike last viewed this website very recently on the 30/4/09.

We need a regional KC group in North West England but until we know what has happened in the past at Manchester i cannot see anyone coming out of their comfort zone and taking the matter forward.

Matt Allgood
Committee
Committee

Postby Matt Allgood » Fri 29 May 2009 8:20 am

Steven

The Keratoconus Group is entirely volunteer run and our people can come and go as they please. Mike is not obligated to run the Manchester group, nor to reply to your messages.

To reiterate:- we would like to hear from prospective new KC support group co-ordinators for the Manchester / NW area.

Kind regards

Matt Allgood
Treasurer & Vice Chair
KC Group

Steven Williams
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Steven Williams » Mon 01 Jun 2009 12:12 am

Fellow KCers my last post has been removed and I have been issued with a board warning for making personal allegations of ignorance. Does anyone come to this forum for the purpose of being ignored and is ignorance towards fellow KCers acceptable?

I have extracted the following statement made by Mike Scott on the Manchester forum some time ago:-

"once again thank you for so much interest and support in the MCR Group and i am sure we can all continue to support each other in this way.

remember together we can be strong and together we can conquer KC"

Steven Williams
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Steven Williams » Fri 05 Jun 2009 11:41 am

The silence/ignorance is deafening. I have now been informed by John Smith that Mike has "probably" resigned. Accoding to user stats here Mikes last LOGGED IN visit on this website was on the 14th May 2009.

Do any KCers who live in the North West want a North West KC group to exist and meet up say at least once a quarter?

If you do could you say so on this thread and then TOGETHER we maybe able to get something up and running again.

If anyone does not feel comfortable coming forrward on this thread can I suggest that you pm me.

Steve

Return to “Manchester Local Group”