May 09 Scottish group meeting

Announcements from the Scottish local group

Moderator: Elizabeth Mair

Elizabeth Mair
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

May 09 Scottish group meeting

Postby Elizabeth Mair » Tue 05 May 2009 9:13 pm

Just to let you know that the next meeting is on Saturday 16th May at 2pm, in the Strathclyde University Chaplaincy centre, John Street, Glasgow (near George Square and Queen Street station - map on previous topic)
Our speaker is Craig Duncan, a group member who recently had intacs done.
You are welcome to bring a friend or relative with you and parents can come on their own if they want.
Hope to see you there. Elizabeth.

Apologies that there is no ticker tape announcement this time. I did ask for it to go on because I don't have the permission to do it myself.

Graeme Stevenson
Optometrist
Optometrist
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC

Re: May 09 Scottish group meeting

Postby Graeme Stevenson » Tue 12 May 2009 10:57 pm

Sorry I wont make the meeting due to work commitments.
however I would like to invite all the Scottish KC group members (and anyone else who may be in the area at the time) to the next meeting of the Scottish Contact Lens Society.It will take place on Thursday 11th june at Glasgow Caledonian University.
Lynn White who is a BIG friend of the KC Group will speak on KC in the High Street. A talk aimed mainly at Optometrists and CLO's will describe the diagnosis and initial fitting process of KC and discuss the forgotten option of prescribing soft lenses for KC! A fascinating talk I am sure and it will also generate an interesting discussion on KC afterwards.
Hope to see you there.
Graeme
Chairman
Scottish Contact Lens Society
www.scls.co.uk

Elizabeth Mair

Postby Elizabeth Mair » Sun 17 May 2009 5:51 pm

Craig.
Thanks Craig for speaking at the KC group meeting. You were great. It was good to hear of your experience of intacs and that the procedure is being done in Scotland now.

Graeme,
Thanks for the invitation to the next SCLS meeting. I also let people know at the meeting on Saturday about it, adnd can e-mail people nearer the time. Apologies that I wont't manage to the meeting. I've a dress rehearsal in the Glasgow concert hall nearby, as I'm in a concert for the next 3 nights.

james mckinlay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby james mckinlay » Sun 17 May 2009 7:42 pm

hey sorry i couldnt make it to the meeting healh problems playing up on me and spent most of the day in bed i hope everyone who was there had a great meeting and i will see you all at the next one.

Elizabeth Mair

Postby Elizabeth Mair » Sun 17 May 2009 7:53 pm

Hope you get better soon and you are still managing your college work.
The next time we meet is at the conference on the 20th June in Glasgow. Make sure that you and others living in Scotland return your booking forms very soon. Priority booking for us finishes soon, then people living in England will be able to take up the remaining places.

james mckinlay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby james mckinlay » Mon 18 May 2009 10:54 am

College work is fine except numeracy finding it difficult I have applied to go back next year again just waiting for an interview. I will get my form sent away this week hope you are well. Thanks see you soon

Lynn White
Optometrist
Optometrist

Postby Lynn White » Sun 07 Jun 2009 3:35 pm

Hi All

Just to say I am looking forward to meeting any of the group who can get along this week on June 11th. I am talking more on the soft lens developments recently and will be covering CXl. INTACS etc as well hoping to get some discussion going. Its a LONG time since I have been to Scotland and am going to spend a few more days as well there...

Lynn

Elizabeth Mair

Postby Elizabeth Mair » Sun 07 Jun 2009 3:47 pm

Lynn,
I'm going to e-mail people who live near Glasgow to remind them that you are speaking at the SCLS meeting on Thursday.
Unfortunately I'm in a choir and we have 3 concerts at the Glasgow Royal Concert hall next weekend. Thursday night is the dress rehearsal, so I'll be in the Concert hall across the road from Caledonia University where you will be.
If you are still in Scotland on the 20th it would be great to see at the KC conference.
Elizabeth

Lynn White
Optometrist
Optometrist

Postby Lynn White » Sun 07 Jun 2009 4:07 pm

Hi Elizabeth and thanks!!

I won't be at the 20th as I simply can't afford 2 trips to Scotland in a month! I will be staying over next weekend so if there is any chance of meeting up with anyone, I would be happy to!

Lynn

Return to “Scottish Local Group”