Another year

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

Andrew MacLean
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Another year

Postby Andrew MacLean » Fri 02 Jan 2009 3:44 pm

Anybody want to post here with their hopes or fears for the new year?
Andrew MacLean

private104

Re: Another year

Postby private104 » Sat 03 Jan 2009 2:34 pm

fear: My KC will get so bad that I'll need a transplant

Hope: That I'll graduate with a good degree

rosemary johnson
Champion
Champion
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby rosemary johnson » Sun 04 Jan 2009 1:48 am

Hopes:
that Mr Obama proves to be as good as his new job as is supporters hope, and that under his regime we will start to see a world with more peace, harmony and equity.
that the world can weather the "credit crunch" and trun the corner, and problems of food shortages and rocketing food prices eases
that NICE can approve CXL for "general use" on the NHS
that Duke's feet heal up properly and fully, and he can spend the year sound and running around happily (and doing some dressage training)
that no-one else, EVER, has an experience anything like as horrible as my graft op
and on a personal level:
that the steroid hypersensitivity will aat last wear off or at least return to "normal"
that I can get to see the right neurologist at last and get some sensible answers and strategies worked out
that I can get the stitches taken out of this THING in whaat's left of my eye, and stop walking round as a permanent echibition of That Man's embroidery, before i have so many more hallucinations about the things and cutting them out myself I actually do try it

Fears:
that the above don't come about - and that we have more wars, more famine, more people driven to terrorism; and more shootings and stabbings and more ointless loss of young lives
that my problems with "understanding movement sensations" prove intractible and i have to decide to give up riding
that I'm now so hypersensitive to any steroid, include those I produce myself, that any slight increase over "normal" levels can now set off the "bad trips", and always will
that I'm injured in asome accident (falling off a horse or otherwise) and the medical crew are so determined they know better that they cram me full of all the things I say DO NOT USE.... and I end up far worse even that I was last Jan 30th.

and a few wishes that would be GREAT but may be too much even to hope for:
that we can somehow devise (and find the money for) some scheme of land drains and resurfacing at our field so that next winter we aren't wading round in all that mud that's so bad for all the horses' feet
that Kauto Star can not only make history by becoming the first former winner of the Cheltenham Gold Cup to regain his crown but grow into the sort of star character who can really draw in new fans
that - real pipe dream this - once I've caught up =on the great backlogs of paperwork, housework and DIY, I can finally improve my typing!
Rosemary

Elizabeth R
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Elizabeth R » Sun 04 Jan 2009 3:10 pm

i want to get ridof keratconus this year.i have a book you can heal your life by louise hay.iam going to change my thinking abount KC.a wants to know sand me pm. 8)

Elizabeth R
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Elizabeth R » Sun 04 Jan 2009 4:16 pm

Elizabeth R wrote:i want to get ridof keratconus this year.i have a book you can heal your life by louise hay.iam going to change my thinking abount KC.any one wants to know more sand me pm.thank you. 8)

pepepepe
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby pepepepe » Mon 05 Jan 2009 11:29 pm

I hope this towns honesty spreads

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nort ... 809031.stm

I do think around where I live its ok, or am I biased because I live here ? not sure one way or another how the story on the link would play out in my neighborhood, I think it depends on the age group of the towns people and if there is a wide gap between the haves and have nots.

Pepe

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”