The Eye

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

dweezil1968
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

The Eye

Postby dweezil1968 » Mon 21 Apr 2008 10:22 am

ydney, a young, blind violinist is given the chance to see for the first time since childhood through a miraculous corneal transplant. As Sydney adjusts to a dizzying new world of colors and shapes, she is haunted by frightening visions of death itself capturing the doomed and dragging them away from the world of the living. Terrorized and on the brink of insanity, Sydney must discover whose eyes she has inherited, and what secret visions they have held

WHAT A STEAMING PILE OF ****, has anyone seen the film? i would love to knoe all about it! its not out in the UK yet. I have seen a trailer on the Tv, and already had to answer dumb questions about corneal grafts, and 'seeing; someone elses world/ vision/ etc

your views?

Anne B
Champion
Champion
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Re: The Eye

Postby Anne B » Mon 21 Apr 2008 1:29 pm

I am the same as you, I'm not looking forward to the film coming out, and having to explain that i am not a freak who see's weird things.
Fingers crossed the film will be pants and everyone will be talking about how bad it was.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Mon 21 Apr 2008 2:38 pm

:D

Not only have I not seen this film, I have not the slightest intention of going to see it!

Does anyone know when the next H2G2 film is due for release? Or, is it even being made?

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

rosemary johnson
Champion
Champion
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby rosemary johnson » Mon 21 Apr 2008 8:12 pm

I not only not seen the film, but never even heard of it until now!
From bitter experience (!), I'd say it sounds like nothing to do with the piece of cornea, but very much as if she's having a bad reaction to something, probably an opioid/opiate analgesic they gave her for the operation.
Rosemary

dweezil1968
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby dweezil1968 » Wed 23 Apr 2008 7:41 am

A remake of the Pang brothers' 2002 Asian Horror, the plot follows successful violinist Sydney Wells (Alba), blind since the age of five and about to undergo a cornea transplant to restore her sight. The operation is a success. Sydney finds herself disoriented and confused by her changed senses, catching fractured glimpses of things she doesn't understand.

Her apartment metamorphoses into a different room. She's assailed by dreams of burning and fire. In the world around her she sees ghosts - spectral figures either trapped into repeating their own deaths or being led away to the afterlife by indistinct, monstrous shadows. Unable to make anyone else believe she's not simply suffering from the psychological after-effects of regaining her sight, the visions soon push Sydney to the edge of sanity. Her only chance is to track down the donor of her corneas.

nothing to do with drug reaction- merely the corneas themselves- waht rubbish! and I bet she didnt have over a year to wait to see either! or lens and glasses after!

donna
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby donna » Wed 23 Apr 2008 8:14 am

I have got the unfortunate job of taking a service user to see this film next monday :roll: She wants to see it I dont but she is the service user so she gets to pick.
I am expecting it to be c**p and give everyone the wrong impression and false information, she will prob regain full sight within days etc
I will do a review on monday night Lol :D
Do you think it will be noticed if I take my iPod into the cinema? :wink:

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Wed 23 Apr 2008 8:41 am

No, but we would notice that your review was about the music to which you had been listening, rather than the screenplay of the motion picture you have been watching!

Take careful notes. We all look forward to reading your review so that we can be confirmed in our prejudice that the film is not worth a look.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

dweezil1968
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby dweezil1968 » Wed 23 Apr 2008 8:44 am

dweezil1968
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby dweezil1968 » Fri 25 Apr 2008 12:04 pm

watch the trailer! hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu7wRwYVnIM

Ozfiz
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: I have Intacs implanted

Postby Ozfiz » Sun 27 Apr 2008 4:25 am

wow how weird, the japanese version was on tv here two nights ago.
i didnt mind it, but then i do enjoy the wierd movies that are on in the middle of the night lol
"I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." - Freddie Mercury.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”