little bit of advice please

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

nicola jayne
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

little bit of advice please

Postby nicola jayne » Mon 14 Jan 2008 12:53 pm

Hi all
hope this find you all well, I havent been on much as i have not had a chance with work and life etc.....
anyway I had my stitches out in October and I only have a knot left there. Eye has been ok, it still gets a bit sore and i do have shooting type pains abot 5 times a day, anyone else get this ?

The consultant wanted me to get new glasses as he felt the eye had settled enough so I did. This was a month ago, since then the astig has gone from 2.50 to 4.50. and it went from 3 to 4.50 in just over a week.
any ideas anyone on why its changing again so quick ? The Dr didnt say much apart from''hmmm im quite shocked at that''
Im just afraid im gonna have to have more surgery on the eye, as long as it helps then thats fine, i just want some advice please.
please excuse the spelling & grammer, im typing quick AND on the internet in work when i shouldnt be ;)
thanks
kind regards
Nicola

alvin18
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and good vision

Re: little bit of advice please

Postby alvin18 » Mon 14 Jan 2008 3:11 pm

i had too these shooting type pains for a two days about 5 times a day but now its ok again. but my stiches are not removed yet

Andrew MacLean
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Mon 14 Jan 2008 4:17 pm

Just in general; if you have a pain, or if your eye is red, or if your vision changes it is best to have it checked by an ophthalmologist.

After my first graft it took some time, and lots of different pairs of specs, before the astigmatism settled. Thankfully, now everything is fine!

All the best

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

nicola jayne
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby nicola jayne » Tue 15 Jan 2008 10:50 am

thanks guys,
it is good to know that im not the only person with more glasses than specsavers !! and that this change is normal.
thanks again
nicola

Return to “General Discussion Forum”