need a all in one solution

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Joe Bloggs
Contributor
Contributor

need a all in one solution

Postby Joe Bloggs » Sun 03 Jun 2007 11:49 am

Im getting a little bored of cleaning my lenses with 2 different solutions then using the conditioner to put them in. Can you guys recommend a all in one solution to use, preferably one i can order online and cheap?
How does this work exactly. Do I just take out my lenses and put them in my case thenput the solution on them and leave them? or is it a case of using that one solution to clean them like i normally do then also use it in my case afterwards as well?

cherishu2
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC

Postby cherishu2 » Sun 03 Jun 2007 12:07 pm

hi there
i use opti express available from postoptics or boots etc.
I have very sensitive eyes and cud previously only use oxysept, but this one seems to be reat.
I take lenses out put them in solution , next morning put them back in my eyes. The solution does it all in one even protein removal. soft lenses though but i know there are quite a few if its for hard lenses.
you can also use the solution to drop on lens prior to insertion..
mum to 7. Its a long story lol. cornea graft oct 19 2007.
Son with KC too
registerd blind 17th May 2007

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Sun 03 Jun 2007 2:20 pm

Have a look at http://www.postoptics.co.uk

When I tried the all in ones, I had an allergic reaction to them, my wife a non-KC person has the same problem.

You put some solution on the lenses and rub clean as you would a multi solution so the abrasivness of your fingers helps remove crud, rinse with the same solutiona nd put in the case full of the solution. Cost wise I found there was no difference as I still go through the same amount of solution.
Gareth

donna
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby donna » Sun 03 Jun 2007 2:30 pm

Hiya, I use Unique PH multi purpose solution its made by Alcon. I have rgps ( rose K) it was in the starter pack given to me by the lens fitter.
Its a good all in one and costs around £6

JoeK
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JoeK » Thu 07 Jun 2007 8:43 am

i use boston simplus. just drop your lenses in case full of the solution in evening and then clean with the solution in the morning before inserting. it also has built in protein remover.

i have used asda branded solution in the past which i found to be the best but they dont make it anymore. also tried boots branded all in one but it didnt provide the wetability of others.

Joe Bloggs
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Joe Bloggs » Sun 10 Jun 2007 11:41 am

i bought alcon ph solution.
Im worried though last couple days feel like something is in my left eye even when not wearing contacts dunno what it could be? is it the start of an infection? try as i might i just cannot rinse it out with water whatever it is? will it stop eventually?

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Sun 10 Jun 2007 11:52 am

Joe,

Firstly if you are getting irritation get down to A&E, they will have an opthalmologist on call.

They will say if start of an infection.

It may also be the solution.

I found that the all in-one solution for Kerasoft no good, tried several. It was better if I rinsed the lens in saline after using the all in one solution before putting it in a lens case of the stuff. I also had to rinse the all in one off with saline before putting the lens in, but the saline for me was not the best of wetting solutions.

All the solutions I tried said they removed protein too so no need for protein remover tablets which I found to be rubbish, I did need to use protein remover.

At the ned of the day I concluded the expense of seperate solutions was well worth the money for the comfort I got.

The all in ones ended up being more hassle because fo the discomfort they caused.

My wife does not have KC and she has the same problem with all in one solutions.

Get down to A&E and if there is no infection, try rinsing with saline as suggested above. Tap water or bottled water is no good as they are not sterile so you run a hig risk of infection.

If that makes no difference, try other solutions, but you may end up having to use the seperate cleaners.
Gareth

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 10 Jun 2007 4:59 pm

I used to use Total for storing and wetting my RGP's prior to insertion. I used LC 65 as the regular cleaner (and later I changed this to Bausch and Lomb elite). I soaked my lenses once a week in protein remover tablets.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Return to “General Discussion Forum”