mike scott
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and good vision

manchester KC group

Postby mike scott » Thu 10 May 2007 2:11 pm

Hi all
With massive thanks to Anne keplacz we can now announce that a Mcr Group can now start to get underway.

Anyone keen to get behind the New MCR KC Group please view the link on the home page for the details so far.
please keep your eyes open for further information as it is now coming thick and fast.

We look forward to all your support in making this a success.

Best wishes

Mike
onwards and upwards

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Manchester KC Group

Postby Anne Klepacz » Thu 10 May 2007 8:06 pm

Correction! The thanks should be to Mike, who has volunteered to take this on! So I hope everyone in the Manchester area will give him their full support.
Anne

mike scott
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby mike scott » Thu 10 May 2007 8:18 pm

Thank you Anne

I think that i'll agree to it being a team effort.

We are all in this together and if we are going to be successful, 1 in providing support groups and 2 ultimately cracking KC, then we should all support each other as a team.

very best wishes to everyone and please come along to group meetings, it is OUR KC group.

Mike
onwards and upwards

Steven Williams
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Other

Postby Steven Williams » Sat 12 May 2007 7:45 pm

naeemkhamkar
Contributor
Contributor

Manchester meet

Postby naeemkhamkar » Tue 22 May 2007 8:38 pm

Hi all,

Its been a long time since I last posted. Ive come to terms with the outcome of my vision in my right eye. After 4 grafts and loads of immune suppressants, grafting is just not a viable treatment.

Anyway, great news that we can have a manchester group. I will be keeping a close eye for any updates and will do my best to attend.

Naeem
Ive had 4 graft rejections in right eye. I'm intolerable to lens in my left eye. Been 2yrs Ive learnt to live life with single ocular vision and I enjoy everyday as I have KC in my left eye. I live to enjoy everyday as it comes with my wife and children.

Steven Williams
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Other

Postby Steven Williams » Sun 10 Jun 2007 4:06 pm

Is there an agenda for the meeting and whats the estimated time for closure of the meeting?

How do the other KC regional groups operate?

Will minutes be taken of the meeting for
publication on the forum?

mike scott
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby mike scott » Mon 11 Jun 2007 4:43 pm

Hi Steven

Anne is coming up from London to help us Launch the Mcr Group and to give us a welcome talk and Cindy Tromans , head of dept will give a general talk on KC with a Q & A session.
As it is the first meeting there will be plenty of getting to know each other as well.

with regards to minutes , no minutes will be taken , but a post will be put on the forum afterwards and a full description of events will be included in the KC Group newsletter.

Mike Scott
onwards and upwards

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby GarethB » Mon 11 Jun 2007 5:49 pm

In Birmingham we share expereinces and as such if we minuted it, we would just be repeating what has gone on in the forum. Some people prefer the face to face interaction.

Where there is a presentation from a guest speaker such as the one on Intacs we had a while back, we did take notes which are now posted in the frequently asked question section.

We all run differently and I am sure the Manchester group will be no exception. We learn from each other and even copy what others have done.

At the Brimingham group many know of the web site but have never visited, I think most the other groups are the same.
Gareth

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee

Manchester KC Group

Postby Anne Klepacz » Mon 11 Jun 2007 8:36 pm

Steven - the meeting should end at around 8. I can talk a bit about how other regional groups run at the meeting, but this will be the Manchester group, so how it develops is up to you good people up in the North West and what you want from it! I'm sure others will tell you that just being able to meet other people with KC is a huge relief to many of us and being able to talk to people who know what we're on about (without the inevitable 'why don't you wear your glasses' comments!) I'm really looking forward to putting some faces to names and I'm sure a good time will be had by all!
Anne

Elizabeth Mair
Vision: Contact lenses

re Scottish KC group

Postby Elizabeth Mair » Tue 12 Jun 2007 3:25 pm

We have about 90 members, but a lot of them live too far away to travel to Glasgow for meetings, although one person travels 200 miles to come to occasional meetings.There are usually 15-20 people at group meetings, which also includes family members and friends.
As a result of the distances I always take notes of the talks at meetings then e-mail them to members, so that people don't miss out. In between meetings we keep in contact by e-mail, letter or phone.eg I e-mailed everybody when I heard about the Amo solution being taken off the shelves.
Every group is different. You just go by the needs and interests of the group. Some groups tend to have lots of medical speakers.We have also had speakers from Visibility talking about services they can offer, another day on welfare benefits and our speaker next time is from a company that supplies software and hardware for people who are visually impaired. We have also had medical speakers.
I hope the Manchester group goes well. The important part is sharing and supporting each other.

Return to “Manchester Local Group”