seems so long

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

seems so long

Postby jayboi2005 » Tue 11 Jul 2006 3:34 pm

Hello, how is everyone?
i havent been around for months to be reading how everyone is doing so thought i would start here to check!

I'm doing fine, however my studying doesn't seem to be coming to an end anytime soon. I have so much to do before June 07, which is when i plan to join Coventry Uni doing Paramedic Science! So i have been filling my head with Biology and Anatomy books. It's great! But makes me tired. Just looking forward now to all the debt Uni will land me with, but it will be worth it.

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Tue 11 Jul 2006 3:37 pm

At least going to Cov Uni, you will have access to an excellent Eye Dept, it has just been revamped as part of the Cov & Warwick NHS Trust super hospital at Walsgrave on the edge of Cov.

The old unit was excellent, cant wait till October and have a look round the new improved unit.
Gareth

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby jayboi2005 » Tue 11 Jul 2006 4:33 pm

a new eye unit? Sounds good! My first relocation from home to Coventry! That will be something 8)

Paul Morgan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Paul Morgan » Tue 18 Jul 2006 3:06 pm

I was in Warwick at the weekend, not that this is particularly important...it was sooooo hot, and the kids just loved the park.

Really nice part of the world you live in Gareth. :D

It was busy, busy, busy with the Il Divo concerts at the Castle though.

Alison Fisher
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby Alison Fisher » Wed 26 Jul 2006 11:53 am

I've been a bit awol myself. :(

Too busy with work and other stuff to spend time on the computer. :(

Not a lot going on here really. Too much work and not enough hours in the day, same old, same old. :roll: :lol:

We were away on holiday last week (Newquay - got two surfing mad daughters) and the bottom lid of one eye swelled up a little. It was fine the next day but I was kicking myself for being such a plank and not having a look at the eye hospital list on here before I went because if I had needed to go with a graft issue I hadn't got a clue where. What an idiot eh? :oops: :lol:

On the trip back I saw a sign for Yeovil and thought of you Paul. :D

Good luck with your paramedic course Jai. One of my nieces has just graduated as a paramedic from Sheffield Hallam. :D
grafts in 1992 and 1996

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Wed 26 Jul 2006 12:51 pm

Paul,

Unfortunatly will not be making it down to Somerset :(

Went to Farnbrough Airshow last weekend and being stuck in traffic really agrevated the whiplash I am being treated for :(

Had to resort to paying for the Physio out of the holiday fund and hopefully will get the money back eventually from the Spanish Van driver that drove into me!

Need to have my neck sorted enough for a magazine shoot at Castel Combe Circuit with the Capri on August 7th.
Gareth

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 29 Jul 2006 7:15 pm

J-B

Good to know that all is well with you., all the best with your transfer to Univerdsity and a new city.

My first transfer from home was just after I left school and went to work in manchester, long before I went to Univesity. I enjoyed Manchester and am sure that you will enjoy coventry., too

All the best

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”