If not for the low speed id be dead!

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Wed 14 Jun 2006 11:55 am

Michael,

DOes this mean you are abck in the insurance business again full time?
Gareth

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Wed 14 Jun 2006 12:26 pm

Being a daily 2 hours M25 Junky I get to see some really bad driving and some very serious accidents! And this morning was one!...although not a sserious!

Was at J26 of M25 in the first tunnel going anti-clockwise where there is currently alot of road works occuring. All of a sudden the cars in front stopped.....as they do..........well the car behind the car behind me was a large white Van...............as he stopped another Audi Estate went straight into the back of him shook the Van and pushed it forward which then hit the car behind me!.....LUCKILY that car didnt hit me!....But I would suspect that the Audi was coming in at 50MPH as it shook the van totally and edges it forward a few feet!!......then the tunnel just turned into a Gang **** and everything blasting there horn etc!..luckily it was behind me!!

One of the most serious ones I saw was around 4-5 months back at J20 of M25. This car joined the M25 from the side and for some reason went straight across all the lanes and smashed the side of the car in the "fast lane"...it then boucned off this car and went onto the 2nd one and then veered off to the hard shoulder!!!.......was totaly wierd!!
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -
(C) Copyright 2005 KP

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby GarethB » Wed 14 Jun 2006 12:41 pm

Worst I witnessed the aftrmouth was approaching Tewsbury from a village between it and Cheltenham.

Driver was going like a madman, over took me and norrowly missed an oncoming car. Overtook another at speed round a corner and went head on into a petrol tanker. Guy who got overtaken just sat screaming in his car and the truk driver got knocked out. Impact on the nutter who was driving was so severe parts of him and his girlfriend were spread around the road and the vehicles involved!

Once I'd seen this I knew I would never be a paramedic.
Gareth

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Wed 14 Jun 2006 12:44 pm

Gareth

Paramedics don;t deal with those sorts of RTA's, they send for the Undertakers who carefully pick up every little bit they can find and put them all in a big plastic bag for the Post Mortem.

A
Andrew MacLean

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby jayboi2005 » Wed 14 Jun 2006 1:27 pm

I have been to the doctors, and she sat there and looked at me in suprise. I can see why as there isnt a single scratch on me not even a cut from all the glass! She checked me over and said i have a bit of whiplash but nothing that bad at all. She said i was very very lucky to have just got out of the car and been ok. Then she said only 8 lives left now! :lol: Don't go using any just yet! We both laughed 8)

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby GarethB » Wed 14 Jun 2006 1:40 pm

When I had a bad accident about 20 years ago, I walked away; well climbed out of the window.

Once at hospital the X-rays showed I had a broken nose, skull above the left eye, all my ribs broken, shatterd left knee and broken the lower 3 vertebrae! No scratches or cuts but the buisers came out after the next few weeks while I was in hospital for 3 months.

Never had whiplash all because I was strapped in and had a proper race seat. Unfortunatly the six point race belt held me in so tight as the front of the car came in I got crushed between the steering and seat.

The human body is a truly resilient thing. I think we can survive upto 50g without major injury!

I've lost count how many lives I have got left, just think the boss up above don't want me nor does the man down below so looks like you guys are stuck with me for a while longer :D
Gareth

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby jayboi2005 » Wed 14 Jun 2006 2:34 pm

Nasty injurys there Gareth! Glad it didn't happen to me.

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby GarethB » Wed 14 Jun 2006 2:41 pm

Jay,

If you have whiplash, ask the doc if there are any exercises you can do to help the recovery.

It has really helped with the latest incident as my neck has not stiffend up and the muscles are still being exercised they have kept their strength.
Gareth

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Wed 14 Jun 2006 2:55 pm

...and make sure you claim on your insurance for it if it puts you out of work or more!!
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -

(C) Copyright 2005 KP

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Wed 14 Jun 2006 3:18 pm

I concur with the advice given by both GB and J-UK.

Take care JB. Was your car a write off, or have they not yet decided?

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”