If not for the low speed id be dead!

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

If not for the low speed id be dead!

Postby jayboi2005 » Tue 13 Jun 2006 7:27 pm

Well what a few hours!
I just managed to write my car off! Driving along this country lane, and my steering wheel doesn't work when i try to turn this corner. I was shocked when it didn't turn but before i know it the car had hit this farmers fence up a grass verge and done a full back flip and the car landed on all 4 wheels so i am told. I don't remember the flip but witnesses say thats what it did. The only thing i can feel is my back and sholder. I am thankful though that i was able to get out of the car and walk.

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Tue 13 Jun 2006 7:48 pm

That musta been a ride and a half! I know how you are feeling! I flipped my car 4 times on the M11 and thought it wasnt never going to stop!!!!!
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -
(C) Copyright 2005 KP

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby jayboi2005 » Tue 13 Jun 2006 7:56 pm

Did you realise it was flipping?

I recon i must have blacked out or something, because i remember the wheel didn't work and then i remember looking through the widow and there was cars stopped and i got out of the car. I don't remember hitting anything or the car flipping, i do know that the air bags didn't work though because my neck and back kills. But im happy anyway because im here at home right now, and ableto tell the tale :lol:

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Tue 13 Jun 2006 8:05 pm

Yes, I did...I counted 2 and then it went hazy as my head smashed the front windscreen and side window....so it kinda disorientated me. But the car landed on four wheels and I just got out.

And also my airbags didnt inflate as well.....

Guess you could say you had a lucky day in a way!!!...as it could be worse! thats how I looked at it when mine occured
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -

(C) Copyright 2005 KP

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Tue 13 Jun 2006 9:16 pm

Jayboi

We're all so glad you are okay. The short term memory is funny, you probably did not lay down a memory of the event .. a neat way the brain has of protecting itself from the later assault of scary recollections.

Glad you made it out okay, and the car is only bent metal.

Yours aye

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

brigid downing
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby brigid downing » Tue 13 Jun 2006 10:42 pm

Just to say "oh my word" Scary stuff Jayboi. Are you sure you should be using a computer just now? Adreneline subsides and delayed shock can kick in several hours after a trauma.

Andrew is quite right (as I am coming to realise he is most of the time :wink: ) A car is a thing and things can be replaced, people can't so I, like everyone else, am just so glad ot hear you are OKAY.

Brigid

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby jayboi2005 » Wed 14 Jun 2006 7:18 am

Thanks everyone, yup im ok going the doctors now just for a check but i feel fine just a dodgey sholder but itsnot that bad. Im going to ring the insrance now and demand my courtesy car.

Im lucky because there isnt scratch on me!

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Wed 14 Jun 2006 8:17 am

That's now two of us with trashed cars!

Good to hear you are still with us, cars can be repaired, people can be a bit harder.

Mine is still having the damaged investigated after a van tried to rip the front off!

Still suffering a sore shoulder and wrist problems nearly 3 weeks later!
Gareth

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby jayboi2005 » Wed 14 Jun 2006 10:42 am

ripped the front off! :o

Michael P
Champion
Champion

Postby Michael P » Wed 14 Jun 2006 11:17 am

Very weird! I posted last night to say I was glad you had come out of such a nasty accident relatively unscathed but it ain't here!
So here it is again.
Heaven knows what happened to it; I've probably replied on the wrong thread and made a complete ass of myself, yet again some will say. Hey ho.

Jaybois, if youn need any insurance advice, feel free to pm me. I used to be an insurance broker so may be able to help if you have a problem. All the best.

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”