contact lenses for keratoconus

Announcements from the West Midlands local group

Moderators: Sweet, John Thatcher

Marian Bargery

contact lenses for keratoconus

Postby Marian Bargery » Tue 11 Jan 2011 4:26 pm

The next meeting will be on Saturday January 22nd 2011 at 11 am at the Birmingham and Midland Eye Centre. Christine Wright; A hospital contact lens practitioner's experience with fitting contact lenses for keratoconics.

HanifAslam3
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: contact lenses for keratoconus

Postby HanifAslam3 » Thu 28 Jun 2018 11:10 am

Hi All
Im new to this forum and would just like to introduce myself. My name is Hanif Aslam and i live in Walsall. I suffer from KC and have been wearing RGP lens for over 8 years.
I have to say i have had good days and bad days. I have now come to a point wear i would like to try Hybrid lens as i keep getting dirt behind my current lens and then resulting in infections.
I have been a patient at the Birmingham and Midland eye clinic and where they only were fitting RGP lens. I then went private to an optician in Walsall who also only fitted RGP. I only went private because i could not afford to wait so long for an appointment at the hospital

Is there anyone else from Walsall who also has similar condition to me and is now wearing Hybrid lens? Could anyone recommend where i could get Hybrid Lens fitting from in Walsall or surrounding areas

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Anne Klepacz » Sun 01 Jul 2018 11:22 am

Hi Hanif and welcome,
Have a look at our optoms list - https://www.keratoconus-group.org.uk/in ... ometrists/ to see if there's anyone there that could help. But I'm surprised that you're saying BMEC only fit rgps - that's usually the first type of lens that's offered in all hospital clinics, as it works best for most of us, but I know they also do a range of other lenses. So it would be worth going back there and telling them about the problems you're having with rgps.

HanifAslam3
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby HanifAslam3 » Mon 02 Jul 2018 3:19 pm

Thanks Anne. I have a appointment now back at the BMEC on 17th of July. Hopefully they can offer me some other type of lens

John Thatcher
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby John Thatcher » Wed 16 Jan 2019 3:45 pm

Hi Hanif, sorry for the long delay but I have added you to the West Midlands distribution list, regards, John

Return to “West Midlands Local Group”