Announcements from the West Midlands local group

Moderators: Sweet, John Thatcher

Ann
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC

Birmingham meeting 25th Nov

Postby Ann » Wed 15 Nov 2006 8:39 pm

I'm fairly new to the forum and am hoping to come to this meeting and just wanted to check a couple of things: is it still on?; roughly what time will it finish? (need to sort out train times); is there any chance I could take the mobile number of someone who's going because I've printed off the map but am still paranoid that I'll get lost as I don't know Birmingham! Anything else I need to know...
Sorry to sound so incompetent, just scared of spending hours wandering around Birmingham to no avail!
Ann

Shafaq

Postby Shafaq » Wed 15 Nov 2006 9:41 pm

Hello Ann,
As far as I know the meeting is still on. It'll start around 11...not sure when it'll end. My Husband and I are going to attend it so you can have one of our cell phone numbers. Hope to see you there...take care

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Wed 15 Nov 2006 10:03 pm

Hi Anne,

I will be there as I have promised MArian who has organised it. Although I live 35 miles from Birmingham, it is an area I am unfamilier with. I was going to get the train and have an open ended ticket. As for getting from the station I walked last time, I think it was a half hour walk and I found the hospital OK. This time if the weather is not so good I was going to get a taxi so if you have no objections to getting a taxi with some guy you have never met we can share the cost!

If you need someone to vouch for who I am give Marian a call.

I have pm's you my mobile number anyhow.

Regards

Gareth
Gareth

Lesley Foster
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Lesley Foster » Tue 21 Nov 2006 7:26 pm

Sorry I can't make it, my nephew is getting married and I wouldn't be forgiven if I didn't go to that1

Poor chap has got to go to Scotland on Sunday to rejoin his ship, some honeymoon :(

Lesley.
Live long and Prosper.

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Sat 25 Nov 2006 4:19 pm

Thanks to Marain for organising this mornings very informative talk on intacs and thank you to everyone who turned up.

It was good to meet up with new people and share experiences.

I will write up the notes I made on Intacs and the procedure and post on the Frequently Asked Questions section.

Regards

Gareth
Gareth

Return to “West Midlands Local Group”