PUS & PIGGY BACK LENSES

If you have a question or comment about the forum or the web site you can post it here.

Moderator: John Smith

Ian Crutchley
Contributor
Contributor

PUS & PIGGY BACK LENSES

Postby Ian Crutchley » Tue 22 Feb 2005 11:50 am

I have recently started wearing piggy back lenses (a soft lens with a small hard lens on top), unfortunately you can guarantee from 8:30pm I start getting pus in my right eye only. This materialises in my lenses & therefore block my vision. I can take the pus out but within in 5 mins it's back again. My consultant is confused by it as it doesn't appear at all in my left eye. So I was wondering if any other people who have or had the same problem & what I can did to stop this happening

Thanks Ian Crutchley

sirrob

piggy back

Postby sirrob » Wed 04 May 2005 6:27 pm

hi there, i have just started to wear the hard lenses, and i must say there are very very irratating. is the method of piggy back lenses any more comfortable because i cant ware my lences for any period of time

iancrutchley

PIGGYBACK

Postby iancrutchley » Wed 04 May 2005 8:01 pm

Hi Sirrob

Despite getting mucas in my right eye, I do find wearing the piggyback style of lenses comfortbale. I to wore hard lenses & found they made my eye's sore & go red. Consultant advised I used piggyback. I generally wear a soft lens actually over the eye, which I change daily whilst a smaller hard lens is placed on top of that soft lens but rests in the centre, The soft lens provides comfort whilst the hard lens provides vision. The only problem I have is at night mucas appears in the right eye but that's another story.

Helen Turner
Contributor
Contributor

piggy back no good

Postby Helen Turner » Thu 08 Sep 2005 12:16 pm

I tried piggyback lenses a few months ago because i couldnt wear hard lenses for very long. I found them a complete farse in terms of having to look after 2 pairs of lenses. After all the hard and RGP lenses i have managed to remove with not too many problems, the softe lenses were so difficult to me. I am now wearing scleral lenses which hopefully will be my saviour.

Helen Turner
Contributor
Contributor

piggy back no good

Postby Helen Turner » Thu 08 Sep 2005 12:17 pm

I tried piggyback lenses a few months ago because i couldnt wear hard lenses for very long. I found them a complete farse in terms of having to look after 2 pairs of lenses. After all the hard and RGP lenses i have managed to remove with not too many problems, the softe lenses were so difficult to me. I am now wearing scleral lenses which hopefully will be my saviour.

Return to “Help and Advice”