Forum structure & headings

If you have a question or comment about the forum or the web site you can post it here.

Moderator: John Smith

Steven Williams
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Forum structure & headings

Postby Steven Williams » Thu 15 Feb 2007 11:33 pm

Is it possible to revise the forum structure so that information/topics can be quickly accessed and repetition can be minimised.

A simple chronological basis is currently used which means all you can do is scroll through all the pages and scan for key words in the title.

The general discussion forum, the source of the valuable KC info particularly needs dividing into sections.

Any suggestions?

If this can be done........ in the next few weeks I'll have a look thro all the content on the 129 pages and come up with my own suggestion.

By the way well done and congratulations to whoever compiled the worksheet to hand to employers, thats a superb resource, which I intend to issue to my clients when they require me to work from their offices.

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Fri 16 Feb 2007 3:29 pm

I am not sure if John has looked at this yet. We have tended to leave the forums alone as they are structured the way they are for members to find information and support in a user friendly way. The FAQs are very useful and we could add some more information to that. You can search for key words.

More information is available in a structured style on the main site from the home page.

Any ideas are always welcome! We have shortened the number of forums and have only left the ones which we believe get the most use and are needed.
Sweet X x X

Pat A
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Pat A » Fri 16 Feb 2007 7:43 pm

Steven
I know where you are coming from but I have found the "search" facility quite good in this respect. I have found answers to some of my questions using this facility meaning that I don't need to effectively repeat a post.

Doesn't always work, and is of course dependant on the search term which can be a bit trail and error, but is generally OK.
Pat

We do not stop playing because we grow old;
We grow old because we stop playing.

Return to “Help and Advice”