Floaters with KC and contact lens

If you have a question or comment about the forum or the web site you can post it here.

Moderator: John Smith

Marilyn
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Floaters with KC and contact lens

Postby Marilyn » Thu 16 Jul 2020 6:12 pm

I have had KC for 52 years and have had a graft in my left eye 37 years ago. I wear hard lenses. In fact in my right eye I piggy back with a soft and hard lens. I also suffer with dry eye syndrome so put drops in several times a day.

I was told a year ago that my grafted cornea was thinning and I had several appointments lined up to discuss cataract op and the future. Needless to say all my appointments have been cancelled due to Covid19 and last week I was phoned to ask if all was ok. Answering positively I was told I would go down as routine and have to wait several months for a clinic appointment.

Today I have experienced spiders webs going across my vision. It appears to be just my left eye, which is the grafted one, so I am concerned. Do I need to see an optician or will it go on it’s own? Can I wear my lens? Could this be due to my thinning cornea? I know I will never get a clinic appointment.

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee

Re: Floaters with KC and contact lens

Postby Anne Klepacz » Thu 16 Jul 2020 9:00 pm

Hello Marilyn
I have copied this thread into the general discussion part of the forum, where more people will see it and replied to it there.

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee

Re: Floaters with KC and contact lens

Postby Anne Klepacz » Fri 17 Jul 2020 9:32 am

This reply is also in the general discussion forum -
If the spiders webs have got no worse, then have a look at this which should reassure you
https://www.moorfields.nhs.uk/condition ... d-floaters
But note the last sentence in the article about a black shadow or a curtain effect. That's a sign of a detached retina and needs not a clinic appt but A&E
So if you're still concerned, please do see an optician or go to A&E
Let us know how things go.

Return to “Help and Advice”