The registering Question.....

If you have a question or comment about the forum or the web site you can post it here.

Moderator: John Smith

Paganpunk1109
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

The registering Question.....

Postby Paganpunk1109 » Thu 13 Jul 2017 7:18 pm

Hello....I'm very new to forums so please forgive me if it goes bottoms up!!!!
When I registered a little while ago I was asked ....like Every new member.....What is the status of my KERATACONUS? ......I had to select "Other" What I really wanted to select was .....Cornea transplants now registered blind....... My KERATACONUS came back with a vengeance and there is nothing else anyone can do for me...... I have had this dreadful disease for 30 years now and it's ruined my life, my career and my ability to do the things I love ....... Sorry .... I've given up with my consultant after a bad incident with him ....I will tell All soon

Look forward to hearing the stories and hopefully helping others

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: The registering Question.....

Postby Anne Klepacz » Sat 15 Jul 2017 4:11 pm

Really sorry to hear this. Are regrafts not possible for you? It is very rare for KC to come back after a graft but it can happen. My recent regraft had to be bigger than the original as there was thinning at the bottom edge of the old graft.

Bulls Eye
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Bulls Eye » Sun 06 Aug 2017 4:45 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience paganpunk1109 and sorry to read about your bad luck. Will be interesting to read your full storyand who is helping and supporting you now in your hour of need.

Best wishes

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Vision: Other

Postby space_cadet » Mon 30 Oct 2017 1:51 pm

it is not as rare as many think, I had a transplant in my then worse eye n got registered as blind not long after and as a result of disasterous experiences I flat out refused a transplant for my left eye which now has no useful vision at all n the then transplanted eye is as good as useless as well, you ar not alone, n I really wish more people would be honest that blindness altho a scary prospect at point of diagnoses is the reality for many of us feel free to inbox me x
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Return to “Help and Advice”