Login Problems

If you have a question or comment about the forum or the web site you can post it here.

Moderator: John Smith

新洲å°Â
Contributor
Contributor

Login Problems

Postby 新洲尠» Fri 17 Mar 2006 8:07 am

Does anyone know have any idea how to make this forum capture my login, because it keeps logging me out. Meaning, I have to re-login everytime I want to post something.. It's not really troublesome but I could do without the inconvenience. Thanks.
物æÂ

John Smith
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby John Smith » Fri 17 Mar 2006 11:35 am

Hi Conner,

Yes, assuming that you ticked the "remember me" box, then the issue is a cookies issue.

The site will send you a cookie when you login, and your PC is supposed to send it back with every request it makes - be that a page request or a forum post.

If your PC doesn't send the cookie, then the forum will assume you are a guest, because it doesn't know who you are.

If you use Internet Explorer, have a look at the Tools/Internet options menu on the Privacy tab. Mine works well set to Medium. Alternatively, have a look at your firewall settings, as some of the paranoid ones block cookies. You could add http://www.keratoconus-group.org.uk to an exclusion list from where cookies are allowed.

Best of luck!
John

Postby Guest » Sat 18 Mar 2006 11:53 am

Thanks.

Return to “Help and Advice”