mike scott
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and good vision

BRAND NEW MANCHESTER GROUP

Postby mike scott » Thu 10 May 2007 1:56 pm

Well hi everyone

After a very long wait i can give you the news that a MCR group has been given the green light in terms of a venue and a very imprtant backer.

The venue and the backer is Manchester Royal Eye Hospital itself, with a very fine Lady Cindy Tromans clearing the path for the group to be based there.Over time i am sure this will prove to be a graet partnership in terms of the group being an excellent resource for MREH and vice-versa.

We are currently waiting for confirmation of a couple of details, those being the date and time. However the most probable date for the first meeting will be thursday 14th June and probably early evening, between 6.30pm and 8.30pm. As soon as this is confirmed i will let you all know.
As well as this the committee will be posting out all the details to all the members in the area.

For our first meeting Anne Keplacz has very kindly offered to come up from London to give us a talk and Cndy Tromans has also offered to give us a talk from MREH.

So if i could please ask you all to get behind this New Group and to make it an on going success.

I would appreciateeveryone who would be interested in attending , joining in , to email or Pm me to let me know. This would give us a better idea of numbers.
You are all welcome and encouraged to bring along your partners, family members, friends and supporters as well.

We have some great ideas for the group and i am sure you can all more so lets make this an exciting and vibrant group.

Best wishes to you all

Mike
onwards and upwards

lou
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby lou » Thu 10 May 2007 7:55 pm

Hi Mike

Great news please could you tell me what goes on at these meetings?

I and my hubby with hopefully be coming depending on how my eye is doing as i will only have had it done 1 week.

Thanks for getting a Manchester group sorted.

luv

Emma xxx

mike scott
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby mike scott » Thu 10 May 2007 8:12 pm

Hi Emma

Thanks for your support , and we hope very much that you will be able to attend.
This will be our first meeting of the Brand New MCR Group and we need all the support we can get to make it an on going success for everyone.
As it is the first meeting we are still working on the content, but Anne Keplacz has very kindly offered to come up from London to give us a launch talk. Also Cindy Tromans , head of optom at MREH will be talking to us about KC. I would suggest that there will be a lot of welcomings and discussing with other KCers and topics yet to be outlined .
Manchester has for a long time for unknown reasons been difficult to get going , but we are confident that with support from everyone that we can now establish a strong group for the Northwest.
The group after all is about being there to support each other, and all will be welcome along with everyones input too.

Hope this helps

By the way if you would like to email me with your email then i will very happily keep you posted with evrything that happens

best wishes
mike
onwards and upwards

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Thu 10 May 2007 8:14 pm

Emma

At the Midlands meets it is a chance to ask the guest speaker all those questions you wish you had time for in the brief time you have in a consultation. Learn about the vareous treatments available and what is being researched.

They are also about sharing experiences and actually meeting people in the same position as you are.

It is also good to feedback experiences of the hospital so they know what is working and where they need to improve. It is more informal and so more often a lot more constructive.

I think most local groups run on broadly similar lines with each organiser bringing a slightly different perspective. So it is not just a case of waiting to see what the organisers come up with, but discussing what other subjects the memebrs would like to hear about.

Most who attend the Midlands group have never posted here. Many may look to see what is happening, but save their questions and experiences until the meet people.

I am sure anyone attending will find the whole thing very informative and fun.
Gareth

lou
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby lou » Thu 10 May 2007 8:21 pm

Thankyou for that Gareth

Susan Mason
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Susan Mason » Thu 10 May 2007 10:26 pm

Hi Mike

Please keep me in the loop re the forthcoming meeting. I would like to be able to attend,work and eyes permitting!

Hope to see you soon

Susan
don't let the people that mean nothing to you get you down, because in the end they are worth nothing to you, they are just your obstacles in life to trip you up!

mike scott
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby mike scott » Thu 10 May 2007 10:54 pm

Hi susan

Will do.

We need all the support we can get.
I would appreciate it if you could send me your email and then it would be easier to notify you directly.

best wishes and thank you

Mike
onwards and upwards

Steven Williams
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Other

Postby Steven Williams » Sat 12 May 2007 7:21 pm

A very positive development. Thanx and well done all those responsible.

My consultations over the last six months at MREH have been with Dr Cindy Tromans :D and have given me hope that a contact lens solution for my eyesight can be prescribed.

Will keep my eyes on any announcements. A calender section for events maybe a helpful feature for the site!

Look forward to meeting everyone and hope that the event gets the turnout it deserves.

Anyone who wishes to share transport costs on my route from Lancaster M6, M61,M62 let me know here. I have discovered that my PM facility has been re established :D , without being informed :( so you contact can me by pm here if you wish.
Last edited by Steven Williams on Sun 27 May 2007 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steven Williams
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Other

Postby Steven Williams » Sun 13 May 2007 3:53 pm

Public transport links to the venue when a date is announced for the first meeting is here

http://www.gmpte.gov.uk

donna
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby donna » Tue 15 May 2007 6:24 pm

If I can make it I will come aswell, its still a fair distance from me but closer than London!

Return to “Manchester Local Group”