Theme Park Rides

Don't ask questions here; this is for posting closed FAQs with their answers only.

Moderators: John Smith, Sweet

Chriswill100
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Theme Park Rides

Postby Chriswill100 » Tue 28 Aug 2012 4:19 pm

Hi need some help on theme park rides i have RGP lenses me and my other half are going to orlando in 3 weeks i have tryed glasses but it is like looking in to a fish bowl (only way i can put it) i need some help can i get glasses with glass in and would this make it better to see or not. my other half thinks it is funny but thinks maybe i should get some goggles to wear on the rides my mum said how about wrap around sunglasses i am now at this stage that i dont know what to do anymore please can some one help me on this Thanks Chris

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Theme Park Rides

Postby Anne Klepacz » Tue 28 Aug 2012 4:29 pm

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum,
I'm to much of a wimp to go on theme park rides, but I wear wrapround sunglasses most of the time to stop those annoying bits of grit and dust blowing behind my rgps. I imagine they'd work well on rides - though goggles would be cool!
As for glasses - it really doesn't make any difference whether they're plastic or glass. The problem is getting specs that give anything like decent vision if your KC is beyond mild.
Have a great time!
Anne

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Wed 29 Aug 2012 11:07 am

Many of the faster rides at UK and Mainland Europe theme parks make you take glasses and sunglasses off. When I was wearing RGP lenses I just carried on as normal and never had a problem with RGP lenses unless dust got in my eyes which can happen independant of rides. No such problem with soft lenses for KC.
Gareth

jay87
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby jay87 » Wed 29 Aug 2012 6:55 pm

I take my lenses out, I get scared they will fly off my corneas lol
Jake 8)

drink
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby drink » Mon 03 Sep 2012 11:25 am

I visited orlando last year and visited almost every theme park there and went on every biggest and fastest rides there with rgp lenses in my eyes, didnt have a single problem.

However in the water parks it the water made my eyes sting, didnt stop me from going on the summit plummit though lol. But after the stinging started I just relaxed in the shallow waters, id recomend goggles if your visiting water park.

Chriswill100

Postby Chriswill100 » Sat 06 Oct 2012 10:00 pm

Ok am back from my holiday now and i can recommend http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008 ... 00_s00_i00 i have used them on all rides but not at any of the water parks and only got asked once to make sure they where on over my eyes and not on my head so i would recommend them to anyone

Return to “Frequently asked Questions - and Answers”