i see better kidda ?

Don't ask questions here; this is for posting closed FAQs with their answers only.

Moderators: John Smith, Sweet

leonel1213
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

i see better kidda ?

Postby leonel1213 » Wed 06 Jul 2011 5:30 am

i have KC and and i have sensitivity to light and every were i go during the day my eyes hurt and it makes me crazzy and i dont know but it make every thing look flat like im watching every thing from a tv . but one day i went to my friends house and he had a pair of 3d glasses and i put them on and all of a sudden i was seeing the wold diffidently. i was seeing the world in 3d . at first i thought it was the glasses and i started wearing them but after a wild the started hurting my eyes more then the light but i thought it was the light like usual. but latter that day i found a pair of sun glasses and i put them on and after a few seconds i was seeing like i was with the 3d glasses and i keeped them on for a wile and the entire time my eyes were hurting .

CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHY IS IT THAT THESE GLASSES HELP ME SO MUCH ?

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: i see better kidda ?

Postby Andrew MacLean » Wed 06 Jul 2011 6:10 am

3D glasses are not sunglasses and should not be worn in sunlight. They do not exclude ultra violet but they do cause your pupils to dilate. Wearing 3D sunglasses in sunlight can lead to serious damage to your eyes.

As to why the effect you noticed should come about, I don't really know but I am sure that someone will be along in a moment who does.
Andrew MacLean

Ian Anderson
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Spectacles

Re: i see better kidda ?

Postby Ian Anderson » Thu 21 Jul 2011 11:04 am

There are 2 typpes of 3D galsses
One sort used 2 different coloured lenses

The more usual ones now and those given out in a cinema are polarised lenses - with the plane of polarity at 90 degrees to each other

So I presume you tried on a pair of polarised glasses and got some good vision.

Try looking throug some good quality polaroid sunglasses in a good store (Sorry £10 sets in Tesco are very poor quality) (Company I work for sells high street sunglasses)

You may also find that if you look through the glasses and rotate them in front of your face at some point in the rotation your vision may improve - (Polarisation working with your condition)

Ian

Return to “Frequently asked Questions - and Answers”