Tears

Don't ask questions here; this is for posting closed FAQs with their answers only.

Moderators: John Smith, Sweet

ThomasH
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Spectacles

Tears

Postby ThomasH » Wed 20 Oct 2010 12:39 pm

Alrighty.

I was just wondering if there have been any studies or anything which have looked into people with KC and their tears. I was just thinking we might have something in our tears which have caused our KC over a number of years. Whether we are born with it and whether higher concentrations of whatever it could be, could contribute to those who have it worse. A quick Google led me to this which is dated 5 years ago. Just a simple theory :) .

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: Tears

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 23 Oct 2010 9:24 am

Thomas, what an intriguing idea.

I think that my own consultant was interested in a similar effect, but do not know whether any conclusions have been reached. I'll ask him next time I go to the hospital. In the meantime, I shall certainly do some online research to see what research has been reported.

All the best

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Tiba
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Tears

Postby Tiba » Sat 18 Dec 2010 5:43 pm

I personally find it so weird that scientists are still not sure about the cause of KC- is it genetic, to do with degenerate enzymes or excessive eye rubbing? I would never have guessed tears though!

Whichever it is I hope they will be able to find an explanation and maybe a cure in our lifetime!

Return to “Frequently asked Questions - and Answers”