What to post on this forum - READ BEFORE POSTING

Don't ask questions here; this is for posting closed FAQs with their answers only.

Moderators: John Smith, Sweet

John Smith
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

What to post on this forum - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby John Smith » Tue 28 Mar 2006 12:10 pm

Very simply, any question that you feel has been asked before on more than one occasion, or that deserves to be stored in a Frequently Asked Questions section on the main site.

In preparation for the new FAQ section on the main site, this is where you can submit any questions that you can see are frequently asked on the forum (by newbies or long-servers) and the answer that you would give. The forum is setup so that there is no discussion about each Q&A, just to keep the noise level down. Any discussion can be made in the General Discussion forum, and edits can be made by the original poster.

To make my life easier, please ensure that the question is a seperate paragraph, and is highlighted by being in Bold text.

The answer can be as long as it needs to be, but please try not to waffle, or to add personal anecdotes. We only want the facts.

The posts on this forum will be removed once the new FAQ section goes live.
John

micky44
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

sceral lenses

Postby micky44 » Tue 16 Feb 2010 9:04 pm

hi this is the first time i have heard of these particular lenses, my consultant and opticians have never mentioned these as an option for pre/post op (corneal graft) is this a normal course of treatment for KC or is it only used in certain cases

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: What to post on this forum - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Anne Klepacz » Wed 17 Feb 2010 11:45 am

Micky - not all hospital clinics offer scleral lenses, though they are available at most of the bigger ones. They are one of the options if ordinary corneal rgp lenses don't work for someone with KC. There will be an article about all the various lens options in the next newsletter, which will be going out to all mailing list members in the next few weeks.
Anne

Return to “Frequently asked Questions - and Answers”