Post Op Recovery

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

GaryLeady
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC

Post Op Recovery

Postby GaryLeady » Wed 23 Feb 2022 10:20 am

Hi all

I cant seem to find a topic about this but I am an IT manager now 3 months op, and back at work. but I am finding that the pressure in my eye is so much I struggle to make it through a day without falling asleep

can anyone share experiences with me, as far as computer work.
and anything I can do to relieve the fatigue

Gaz2k21
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Post Op Recovery

Postby Gaz2k21 » Wed 23 Feb 2022 11:45 am

I don't know if it will help but I was off work for a long time post op and my love of video games wouldn't subside, i found i could use the playstation alot more if i reduced the brightness of the TV and used a pinhole lens on the eye that had the procedure (I bought a cheap pair of pinhole glasses off amazon popped one of the lenses out and blu tacced it to my glasses......not pretty but functional) this also helped with the fact that my left eye was uncorrected.

gsward
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Post Op Recovery

Postby gsward » Wed 23 Feb 2022 12:37 pm

There are a couple of ways to tackle this. You could speak to your employers Occupational Health team (maybe part of HR). Alternatively have look at "working with KC" in particular the fully funded "Access to Work" scheme here https://www.keratoconus-group.org.uk/in ... s-to-work/

Also if it is true eye pressure, it needs checkng out by your consultant. This important.

Graham

Return to “General Discussion Forum”