The Discussion Forum aims to provide a safe place for people with keratoconus (an eye condition affecting the cornea) and their relatives to share their experiences and help each other with the challenges of living with keratoconus. It is not, however, a substitute for professional advice and you should consult a relevant professional before making any decisions that could affect you or others.
The Forum is operated by the Keratoconus Group, a charity run, and led, by volunteers. In order that the Forum can continue as a safe place for keratoconics and their relatives to engage in discussion, we request that you abide by the terms and conditions of Forum use below. These are based on best practice of online charity health fora and take immediate effect.
Terms and conditions of Forum use:
Those wishing to use the Forum for the first time will need to Register with the software. By doing so you agree:
- To register only once. Multiple registrations are not permitted and may be removed.
- Not to impersonate other users, or to adopt an inappropriate / offensive user name.
- That the Keratoconus Group reserves all rights in respect of user registration.
Conduct of Forum users
All those wishing to enter the Forum hereby agree:
- That participation in, and use of, all areas of the site is at the users own risk.
- Not to enter any text that is obscene, defamatory, libellous, vulgar, sexually oriented, abusive, hateful, threatening, argumentative, or in violation of any laws or good morals and practice.
- Not to enter any text that expresses opinion on medical competence, religion or politics in any way.
- Not to enter any text that is irrelevant, or text that constitutes ‘spam’, cross posting, ‘off topic’ posting or advertisements.
- Not to participate in mischievous or malicious behaviour which causes, or may cause, damage to the Keratoconus Group or this site or any of the computer systems on which this site resides.
- That all content of the Forum, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. The Keratoconus Group does not accept responsibility for the content of the Forum or endorse any views, policy or advice contained therein.
- That the Keratoconus Group reserves all rights in respect of Forum use, the text entered and these conditions. The Group may screen, edit, modify, move or delete any text and prohibit any user that fails to observe the conditions of Forum registration or user conduct. Please note that it is the Group’s policy to screen a user’s first posts on the Forum.
- There is no right of appeal against any decision by the Keratoconus Group in respect of the Forum.
- That the Keratoconus Group reserves all rights in respect of Forum user conduct.
The Keratoconus Group Committee, December 2009