Would anyone like to hear about ME and MY New World?

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

rosemary johnson
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Would anyone like to hear about ME and MY New World?

Postby rosemary johnson » Sun 09 Aug 2009 12:00 am

SOunds a wee bit hairy...... glad to hear things area bit tbetter now.
Amazing the things that can set a horse off.
Duke is much more chilled about traffic now - he had his moments in his earlier days, including leaping over a ditch and settng off at the gallop across the neighbouring foorball pitch to get away from a bus.
He still gets very edgy about motor bikes, though- and kids, though far less worried by dogs.
children, I mean, not baby goats.
A few months ago, at our previous yard,we'd just set out on a ride, and a car coming up behind us came far too close, and its door mirror went bang! on his thing, whack on my boot then clun as it folded up on itself, and the car shot off intot he distance.
Duke leap sidewys onto the pavement with a big snort and refused to go back on the road until we turned off up a ide street. I'd been too busy worrying about whether he was OK to notice the registration number, or eve what type of car it was. SOon became apparent Duke knew, though, as whenever he heard a car witht he same engine noise coming up behind us, for several weeks, he would
dive up on the pavement - and try to get into someone's front garden, or even house, if he could.
His feet still look terrible to me, but after I'd groomed hima nd cleaned them out today, Danny suggested clipping him to the long tethering chain he uses for one of his Shetland stallions (out elsewhere at the time, of course!)
I'd thought if we tried to put him on a tether of the patch of grass in front f the stable
stable yard, he'd find he was tethered pull the end of the tether up and be away up the lane in about two minutes - byut no.
He seeemed quite happy there, and happier in fact than pottering about part of the old cattle barn. Though it dos look a bit funny (!) to see a 15hh heavyweight cob there rather than a 28" Shelty.
Will try to get baby pics somewhere you can all see them, honest.
Ollie is still going more blacked-cmudged.
Rosemary

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Re: Would anyone like to hear about ME and MY New World?

Postby space_cadet » Sun 09 Aug 2009 3:36 am

news for me
as its 4,36am I guess in 3 weeks n 12 hours my wedding ceremony will be underway :)
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”