Well done, Peter Wright!

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

rosemary johnson
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Well done, Peter Wright!

Postby rosemary johnson » Fri 13 Mar 2009 10:50 pm

Well done, Peter!
ANyone here been listening to the radio programme witht he Radio Regulars trying their hand at comedy routines to raise money for COmic Relief?
If not, try the "listen again" feature on the BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk - well worth a listen.
THe winner of the phone in (!) for the best stand up act of the Radio 4 presenters was Peter White, presenter of In Touch and the BBC's Disability Correspondent.
He's been blind from birth and reads all his scripts, and the "next caller" info when he's doing a phone in, from a Braille display.
He was talking about the problems of writing the punchlines on the back of his hand in Braille ("Has the bleeding stopped yet?"), of talking kitchen equipment (drunk daughter tries to creep in late at night without waking up parents to ask what time she calls this, and bumps intot he microwaves, which answers the question for her) and about people wh assume that blind people must of course all, always, have a guide dog, as if they'd been born with a golden labrador harnessed totheir wrist. And the time when he got so frustrated with this that he "flipped" and replied flippantly to the latest quesiton about where his dog was by saying "oh no! I must have left it onthe train" and they shut down the whole Bakerloo line.
Priceless!
Rosemary

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: Well done, Peter Wright!

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 14 Mar 2009 11:48 am

Well done from me, too. I heard the result on last night's "The Now Show".

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

rosemary johnson
Champion
Champion
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Well done, Peter White!

Postby rosemary johnson » Sat 14 Mar 2009 1:04 pm

Aargh! Where's the edit link gone? HOpe this works...
Rosmary

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”