confidence boost

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

james mckinlay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

confidence boost

Postby james mckinlay » Tue 03 Mar 2009 8:47 pm

okay before i start yes i know i must be insane to do it as a sport after having 2 grafts but those of those from scotland know i have had it rough past few years with my health and KC i take part in kickboxing as my sport and not only take part in the learning part but i also take part in the fighting side of it. last weekend i got 3rd place and won my first trophy and to make it even better for me i am going to dublin to take part in the biggest competition in europe the irish open and i am fighting for scotland i made the squad so basically if i can do the sport then anyone can take chances i can cope fine in it and i cant see out my left eye yeah i get more hits on me than i give out maybe but i give as good as i get determination and strength and i guard my head like the crown jewels lol cant wait until march the 13th now so never let your KC put you down as its what you let it beat you at that lets it win and the only winner is yourself yeah we all have big issues with our KC ive had them since i was 14 and still have them in college but now i am studying to become a social worker and dont intend to let it beat me.

if what i have just said makes sense then im glad take care all of you and when i get back from dublin i have been working on my graft experience and having KC i have written my story i will forward to elizabeth via email and i will try and post it on the forum but it is quite long.#

i hope all is well with you all take care

best wishes

james
anyways all you KC people get out there and try things you are scared to do it will amaze you the impact it has on your self esteem and confidence.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: confidence boost

Postby Andrew MacLean » Wed 04 Mar 2009 7:26 am

James

Congratulations on your success, and on being selected to represent your country!

Dublin is a beautiful city, in fact I think it is probably one of the most exciting cities in Europe. Take time to enjoy being there along with your participation in the competition.

All the best. We all look forward to hearing how you get on, and how the Scottish team fares!

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

james mckinlay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby james mckinlay » Fri 06 Mar 2009 8:45 pm

andrew thanks for the kind words it will be a superb experience i am sure of that. i hope we get some free time to soak in some of the city from what i have heard it is lovely and vibrant. the scotland team will do well i am sure of that the kickboxing group has trained atleast 6 world champions and various scottish and british champions. however i do not expect to win at the tournament but i know one thing when it comes to the end of my weekend i will have used any ounce of muscle and stamina in my body doing my best.

the kickboxing has given my confidence a huge boost and my self esteem is sky high infact 2 high i actually forget at times i have my health issues and sight issues. but one thing i always tell myself is that for every fight i win and trophy i win i have risen above my skills to a new high as i have limited sight and i still manage to kick ass lol

one week today wooooooohoooooo
anyways all you KC people get out there and try things you are scared to do it will amaze you the impact it has on your self esteem and confidence.

Lesley Foster
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Lesley Foster » Mon 30 Mar 2009 9:57 am

James,

Haven't been here for a while so have only just read your news.
How was the competition and did you enjoy yourself?
Take care and good luck.

Lesley.x
Live long and Prosper.

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”