i must be crazy

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

james mckinlay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

i must be crazy

Postby james mckinlay » Thu 20 Nov 2008 7:04 pm

i really must be mad like ive always thought after getting my medial ligament in my knee torn ive had a week of kick boxing training i have decided that im taking part in the Scottish championships in the caledonian university glasgow.

but the mad bit is i cant see out one of my eyes and i still manage to spar with fully sighted people and stand my own.

its good in a way i cant see out my left eye as it means i can just out move my opponent and go for kicks left right and centre.

last time i was in a competition i placed number 4 in the world championship qualifiers so i should do well on sunday

just incase anyone is interested the fighting starts at 1130am and runs to about 5pm and costs £5 to be a spectator

it takes place in the arc building which is on the side of the campus heading towards springburn.

oh well i do know one thing i will someones ass

its just a pitty there are no kickboxing groups for visually impaired people im not sure why anyways i enjoy the sport and dont intend to let my KC spoil it KC is only as frustrating and impacting as we allow it to be.
anyways all you KC people get out there and try things you are scared to do it will amaze you the impact it has on your self esteem and confidence.

Amarpal
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: i must be crazy

Postby Amarpal » Fri 21 Nov 2008 7:18 pm

Good luck in your match James!
Amarpal

james mckinlay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby james mckinlay » Fri 21 Nov 2008 8:14 pm

thank you very much amarpal i think i will need it i have not had much tournament experience all i have is my determination and courage and thats all i need i think.

hopefully i will get a decent finish at it im a bit nervous but thats what makes it good in a way

how are your studies coming along mines have been a bit problematic with some people behaving like little children

thanks again and all the best

james
anyways all you KC people get out there and try things you are scared to do it will amaze you the impact it has on your self esteem and confidence.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 22 Nov 2008 8:41 pm

All the best, James.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

james mckinlay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby james mckinlay » Sun 23 Nov 2008 6:11 pm

well i made it without any injury and managed a respectable 4th place i almost got 3rd place but my team mate had a bit more stamina than me justnow but it was a good competition putting myself against the best.

next year its dublin for the irish open

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 23 Nov 2008 6:16 pm

Way to go, james! Well done
Andrew MacLean

james mckinlay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby james mckinlay » Sun 23 Nov 2008 7:17 pm

thanks andrew i loved being back in there again i took a few good shots i took a fairly hard shot to the face and got a tiny bitof concussion but thats no big deal.

if the group ever decide to run a martial arts forum then count me in lol

how are things with you andrew i hope all is well with ur grafts

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Mon 24 Nov 2008 7:17 am

Pretty good, thanks.

I now wear a lens on my left eye and I have glasses for my right eye. Sight is pretty good, I am able to drive again and have bought a new car to celebrate. :D (nothing that would impress Gareth, but we like it).

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”