new luck i hope

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

james mckinlay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

new luck i hope

Postby james mckinlay » Sat 25 Oct 2008 5:47 pm

WELL ITS BEEN A BIT SINCE I WAS ON HERE WELL A LONG BIT ACTUALLY MAINLY DUE TO HEALTH ISSUES AND BEBO ADDICTION LOL MY KC HAS SEEMED TO BE OK AT THE MOMENT THANK GOODNESS AS I HAVE HAD A ROUGH 3 YEARS OF REJECTIONS AND BROKEN SUTURES.

MY LUCK MUST BE CHANGING I GOT MY HANDS ON TICKETS FOR THE OASIS GIG IN MURRAY FIELD NEXT YEAR COUNTING DOWN THE TIME TO THAT AND THE SCOTLAND RUGBY IN A FEW WEEKS THE WHITE STICK I HAVE IS A PAIN YEAH BUT I LOOK AT IT THIS WAY IT COMES IN HANDY FOR HOODIES TO HIT THEM IN THE ANKLES BY MISTAKE OF COURSE. BUT IF YOU NEED TO USE ONE DONT BE ASHAMED OF IT AS IT HAS ITS GOOD POINTS AND BAD POINTS, I WONDER HOW EVERYONE IS KEEPING AND HOPE THAT ALL IS WELL FOR ALL USERS OF THE FORUM.

ALL THE BEST AND WOOOOOOHOOOO I GOT OASIS TICKETS

JAMES
anyways all you KC people get out there and try things you are scared to do it will amaze you the impact it has on your self esteem and confidence.

rosemary johnson
Champion
Champion
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: new luck i hope

Postby rosemary johnson » Sat 25 Oct 2008 10:43 pm

Hallo again James.
Hope you enjoy the gig.
And the rugby. Got to admit, my closest assocition with rugby union internationals is getting the train to and from Ascot races - which for some reason always seemed to be onthe same day as England home games and guess what, it is the same line from London Waterloo that goes to both Ascot and Twickenham. Imagine, train already well-filled of home-going race crowd, crammed into a train of only 4 coaches, and it pulls into Twickers staions and theres about ten thousand people squeezed onto the platform.
I know what you mean about white sticks and hoodies - I often think I should have one (I'm registered PS too) to swish into the ankles of people trying to pile onto tube trains before the people trying to gt off have been able to climb down. Oh, oh, accidentally, of course!
Can one just go out and buy them, do you know, and if so, where? And do we still get stripey ones, or don't they do that now?
Hope everything dos indeed look up for you now - you deserve it.
Rosemary

james mckinlay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby james mckinlay » Sun 26 Oct 2008 8:01 pm

yeah you can buy the white sticks or the striped ones from the rnib i got mines from a visual impairment officer and when i need new ones i just call rita my worker and she issues me with them.

i hope things improve for you it sounds like you have had a tough time andrew is great at helping others i have had a lot of help from him and value it dearly.

as for the rugby id love to goto twickenham but just cant afford the £700 package for it.

and i doubt the dss will increase my disability living allowance for it lol

all the best

james
anyways all you KC people get out there and try things you are scared to do it will amaze you the impact it has on your self esteem and confidence.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Tue 28 Oct 2008 10:52 am

:D Enjoy the concert! I managed to get tickets for the first night of Quantum Solace! Will it be the best Bond ever? No, because it doesn't have Sean Connery! But it ought to be good just the same.

James, how do you rate Scotland's chances this year?

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

james mckinlay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby james mckinlay » Wed 29 Oct 2008 8:28 pm

hi andrew id reckon from the sides scotland are playing that is new zealand ranked number 2 in the world and south africa ranked number one in the world to get a win from any of those games will be as massive test and achievment but either way its just as good being there i can hardly se the pitch but i love the atmosphere and thats why i keep going back that and the fact i love the rugby. i dont know if its just me but the forum is really slow to log on and open.

all the best

james

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Thu 30 Oct 2008 7:25 am

No, we are all finding the forum slow. John is working to try to rectify the problem and restore normal service.

Like you, I fancy South Africa or New Zealand. And, I agree about 'being there', even if you can't see properly.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”