Any KC Musicians out there?

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

chrisdemetriou
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Any KC Musicians out there?

Postby chrisdemetriou » Tue 19 Aug 2008 2:03 pm

Hey, just wondered if there were any KC Musicians around? I play violin and piano. Come and say hello.
C3R + SynergEyes KC + Glasses

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: Any KC Musicians out there?

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 23 Aug 2008 4:44 pm

I used to play 'cello, but haven't sat with an instrument for many years. I did work in the music business, playing some recording sessions and occasional production work, but my daughter is the professional musician in our family now. She plays flute and piccolo, as well as bass guitar and keyboards.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

rosemary johnson
Champion
Champion
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby rosemary johnson » Sat 23 Aug 2008 9:49 pm

I spent most of my school days either swatting or playing in orchestras, wind bands or other groups, and practising my oboe and recorders.
Have hardly played the ovoe at all for years, and not done much recorder playing either. Ironically, I did more when I was in africa, mainly as support for singing hymns, etc, and learning to do so from tonic solfa. That's a more popular way of having music written down in parts of Africa than the 5-line staves - and very useful if yu can do it. For example, at one church women's study day where I was helping, they all said that one of the songs we were going to sing was too high - so I just looked at the page with all the dohs, res, mes, etc written on , thought for a few seconds and realised I could change key dead easily.
I've also sung in a few choirs in more recent years, and have got a guitar - normally for learning choir music, or practising how the harmony line I'm singing fits with the tune.
But apart from a certain campaign song sung at various community campaign rallies round here recently (!!!!) I've largely had to give up singing or playing much.
MC does not really go with reading sheet music..... "Now, which of these three blobs is on which of these 9 lines or 8 spaces?"
Besides, there are so many people who insist on taking photos at concerts and so many of them have cameras that flash automatically - and I'm so light-sensitive these days I just can't go anywhere near flashbulbs. Which rules out singing or playing in concerts - and for the most part I can't go to concerts, etc, either. Sad.
Maybe we should get together a KC concert where flashbulbs are STRICLY BANNED?????!!!
Rosemary

Louise Pembroke
Champion
Champion
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Louise Pembroke » Sun 24 Aug 2008 9:09 pm

Oo my two fav instruments violin and piano

Played a tuba when I was 8! Otherwise sadly no, but I used to sing classical Indian
Director of Sci-Fi and Silliness and FRCC [Fellow of the Royal College of Cake]

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”