The Best Day Of the Week

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

Anne B
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

The Best Day Of the Week

Postby Anne B » Fri 05 Oct 2007 10:22 am

Its Friday, i love fridays. sweetie day and junk tea for kids, take away and bottle of wine (or 2) for me and hubby. Then you wake up and its Saturday no work , no school runs, no making packed lunches.
Coffee in bed is great on a Saturday.
So what is everyone else doing this weekend?

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: The Best Day Of the Week

Postby GarethB » Fri 05 Oct 2007 7:43 pm

Saturday trying more contact lenses in the ongoing attempt to help a contact lens company develop a better soft lens for KC.

Sunday working to help improve a product most asthma sufferers rely on.

Familly not worried because they are off to london to see Joseph
Gareth

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 06 Oct 2007 1:56 pm

Nothing as noble as Gareth's heroic search for the perfect lens I'm afraid.

We had our children round for dinner last night (Savoury Cheescake with red pepper jelly and endive salad, Beef Wellington with four veg or Spinich and Ricotta Roulade followed by lemon pudding with chocolate ice cream and raspberries, with Baklava to bring the whole thing to an end.

This morning we drove to Loch Lomond for lunch on the 'bonnie bonnie banks'. (it was a bit misty, so no photos this time).

I am working on something to say for tomorrow and on a tribute to a friend who died recently.

I am really looking forward to next Friday; this will be the start of my last vacation for 2007. We will visit the Oyster Bar at Loch Fyne (an hour's drive from where we live), go to the Theatre to see a new production of the great play by Sophocles: "Antigone", and have a generally relaxing two weeks.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Anne B
Champion
Champion
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby Anne B » Sat 06 Oct 2007 3:52 pm

wOW that food sounds fantastic :D
We have friends round for dinner tonight, i've cooked beef casserole and i am going to do roast spuds and veg to go with it!!! I've brought a apple pie (Tesco's finest i will have you know) and custard.
You put me to shame.
Mind you with there being 5 of us and our friends have 3 kids i am cooking for 10!!!!

Tomorrow will be a chill out day and we will have to do the kids homework for them!! :lol: :roll:

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Sat 06 Oct 2007 9:38 pm

Well I am alone at home at night for the first time since I got married over 12 yeasr ago!

After chilling out from an exhausting afternoon playing with lenses; yes I was actually tired after trying a few experimental pairs of soft lenses and getting good vision too. All that from just sitting in a chair looking at letters and a slit lamp.

Any way had posh fish and chips in that the fish was salmon.

No child to turn on the TV first thing means I can watch the F1 live before I go to work which is likely to be more relaxing than today.
Gareth

tadiehatley
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Spectacles

Postby tadiehatley » Mon 08 Oct 2007 3:24 pm

Hi A bit late but so what.... I had a brill weekend... freinds round sat for lunch and lots of chit chat..... and a bottle or two of wine!!! then curled up on sofa in the evening to watch CSI.. Sunday long lie in... and took my pooch (Tadie ) for a long walk in the park with my best friend.... and best of all I was not in as lot of pain... which I have been as had a fracture in my spine and it has finaly fixed itself....so I had a brill weekend I hope evey one did.
Hayley and Tadie

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Mon 08 Oct 2007 3:37 pm

tadiehatley

Good news! I hope that the future is more and more pain-free than your recent past.

Yours aye

Andre
Andrew MacLean

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”