Error Reports

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

lou
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Error Reports

Postby lou » Tue 15 May 2007 7:15 pm

Hi All

Does anyone else keep getting error messages popping up this keeps happening only when im viewing the KC site

thanks

Emma xxx

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Tue 15 May 2007 7:39 pm

Emma,

On some PC's at work I get this and it was the way internet explorer was set up on them.

If it is realtively recent, it might be as we are running on a back up server as the one we usually use broke and John is trying to fix.

Hope this helps, but I am sure John will elaborate further.
Gareth

lou
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby lou » Tue 15 May 2007 8:08 pm

Hi Gareth

Yes its been since the site went down i wondered if it might be something to do with that.

Thanks

Emma xxx

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Wed 16 May 2007 6:27 am

I get these, but not just on the KC site. I hit the "reload button" and things usually come right.

I think it may have something to do with the local exchange for my broadband being very busy at times. My browser becomes weary of a wait and gives me an error message in the hope that I'll change my mind and do something else. When I insist, it gives up its little strop and does what I want it to do.

Or, am I being anthropomorphic? :oops:

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

John Smith
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby John Smith » Wed 16 May 2007 6:06 pm

Andrew, you are indeed being anthropomorphic, but why not, if it aids the understanding!

Yes, I'm painfully aware of an issue where the entire page is not delivered, and is usally cured by a press of the reload button or F5 in windows. This is an issue on my test machine at home (romana) which is being overstressed by being used live.

The new machine (jo) to replace the old one (ace) is now physically built, and is under soak test. It has stopped responding on a couple of occasions, so I'm loathed to move it to the data centre where it should live just yet.

In the meantime, please accept my apologies for the slight problems, and I hope everything will be fine once I've got jo bedded in.
John

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Wed 16 May 2007 6:20 pm

This is an issue on my test machine at home (romana) which is being overstressed by being used live.

The new machine (jo) to replace the old one (ace) is now physically built, and is under soak test. It has stopped responding on a couple of occasions, so I'm loathed to move it to the data centre where it should live just yet.

At leat I'm not the only anthropomorphizer at work on this forum. ther are loads more characters from Doctor Who after whom you can name servers ... can we expect to see The Master appearing as a server for the KC group anytime soon?

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

John Smith
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby John Smith » Fri 18 May 2007 9:00 am

I suppose "master" may come into play originally... other machines though (some now consigned to the skip) are/have been named tardis, polly, susan, leela, nyssa, dodo and rose... and "jamie" was/is a "virtual" machine.

So far, the rule is that a female companion is the name for a machine, and a male comanion is for a virtual machine... but I know I'll run out eventually! :roll:

Come to think of it, master, zygon, dalek, zarbi, macra, auton... are all great names for a machine too! Thanks for the inspiration :D
John

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”