First show of the year and the first win!

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

First show of the year and the first win!

Postby GarethB » Sun 29 Apr 2007 8:14 pm

While the forum was throwing a wobler I was taking part in two competitions.

On Saturday 21st April, I was having a go at drag racing, although I still do not have my MSA licence I was allowed to have a go because I have glasses which nealry give me enough vision. Anyways drag racing you just need to see the lights to tell you when to go, then it is foot down and flat out in a dead straight line!

Finished in the mid field which I think was OK for the first time I had done this. The following day I was on more familier teritory doing concours and in the first event of the season I came away with a win, so hopefuly this will continue.

Gareth

John Smith
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby John Smith » Sun 29 Apr 2007 10:23 pm

Well done Gareth - that AND a pair of patios!

Is there no limit to your exploits? :lol:

J.
John

Elizabeth R
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Contact lenses

hello

Postby Elizabeth R » Sun 29 Apr 2007 11:07 pm

well done. you win not KC .back to things you injoy.and a cool nice car. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Mon 30 Apr 2007 7:54 am

Gareth

Well done: the Capri is still a neat looking car!

Well done also with the Patios.

All the best

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby GarethB » Mon 30 Apr 2007 7:58 am

Thanks people.

If it were not for the board going down I would never have got quite so much done. Plus the fact the skip was deliverd too close to the garage so I had to get my moneys worth and the skip shifted in 2 days and not the week!

Will see next weekend if I have time to post pictures of my garden redesign when it does not look quite such a mess!
Gareth

lou
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby lou » Mon 30 Apr 2007 8:07 am

Nice one Gareth

My dad used to have a dragster it was his mums old Ford Pop he re vamped it etc and called it 'Heavy Breathing' he used to go all over with it and my mum spent many a night camping at Santa-Pod :lol:

If i knew what i was doing with these computers i could have posted a picture of it to show you but i cant :oops:

Anyway just goes to show that life doesnt stop when you have KC.

with luv

Emma xxx

Eddie S
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: I have Intacs implanted

Postby Eddie S » Mon 30 Apr 2007 3:00 pm

Hi Gareth,

Nice wheels!

Is that engine bay competition standard and is there any chance you could post a side view?

Thanks, and oh, well done!

Ed
Eddie
Somebody complimented me on my driving yesterday - they left a note on my windscreen "Parking Fine" which was nice.
KC managed with softperm lens in left eye, Intacs (2/11/07) in right eye

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby GarethB » Mon 30 Apr 2007 3:51 pm

Eddie,

The engine is about concours competition standard, I did not loose to many points, but considering the only Essex V6 engines that don't drop oil are the ones that have run out of the stuff :shock:

The competision RS3100's had an engine bored to 3.4 litres, quad cams and fuel injection running over 400 bhp. My car is the road going homologation version so only has 150BHP.

Here are a couple of old side shots for you, the first is at Castle Combe 2005 when I took the old girl and the car :twisted: on track.

If you look closely you can see the original rust on this unrestored example :lol:
Gareth

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Mon 30 Apr 2007 6:16 pm

The competision RS3100's had an engine bored to 3.4 litres, quad cams and fuel injection running over 400 bhp. My car is the road going homologation version so only has 150BHP

Ouch! thats competition!

One of my mates makes performance Skylines in Japan for the export market! He was showing me his current project! A 650BHP piece of Metal! Very scary and very costly! At 60,000 USD its a rich mans game, bit try running that in the UK as an everyday day! with our fuel prices!
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -
(C) Copyright 2005 KP

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby GarethB » Mon 30 Apr 2007 9:14 pm

Jayuk

A couple of those Skylines were running at Santa Pod and being blown away by a pair of Fiat 126's and even a Mk3 Cortina Estate!

No idea what the tine was running, but the fiats had small block Chevvy V8's and Nitrous :shock:
Gareth

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”