Finally on my web bar!

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Finally on my web bar!

Postby jayboi2005 » Tue 21 Mar 2006 3:32 pm

Well i have been here a while now. Back and to. And i have to say a quick check of this forum is now part of my daily routine. :lol:

Ready for it?
The forum now has pride of place on my Web Toolbar, no more typing just a click away.

Anyway this is a great website!

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Tue 21 Mar 2006 4:29 pm

I agree! The site is bookmarked on my tool-bar, too.

How are things for you now?

I was telling some friends about the outreach work your local URC is doing in Cheshire. They were all very impressed, and asked me to pass on their best wishes.

Yours aye

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby jayboi2005 » Tue 21 Mar 2006 4:40 pm

We haven't even started yet! There are so many plans on the list. We are sorting some sort of Cyber Cafe thing. Hope i didn't loose you there. Im going to be running that, try and get some internet access to the church and maybe a few pc's in the cafe part. I have to say the glass screen is looking good. Anyway we hope to have the website sorted soon which will have lots of pictures. We are also making some of our Church services available for people to download and listen to which will be great!

Things are moving quickly, im also involved with a charity a little more now called Schools for Gambia. Im helping with all sorts of projects which is fun. They build schools, wells, hospitals all sorts. And that charity too is growing.

I have to say as well recently our URC was organized in a full week of prayer constant non stop. Our church took 24 hrs and so did others. Then we setup a schedule of who was doing what times it was fun to be involved with. :lol:

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Tue 21 Mar 2006 4:48 pm

If you are setting up an internet resource to which the public will have access you can usually get a grant from the local authority. They will provide BOTH computers and the broadband connection.

All the Church has to do is provide the space, and some parztical help for people who don't know how to turn on a computer or run Google searches etc.

I suggest you get your minister to phone round the council departments until (s)he finds the right one and ask about internet grants. I think that this provision is bankroled by HMG but administered by local government.

All the best

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby jayboi2005 » Tue 21 Mar 2006 4:54 pm

Will do, the the minister is a SHE :lol:

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Tue 21 Mar 2006 5:02 pm

Give her my best wishes, and please apologise to her if in any posts I have wrongly ascribed the inappropriate gender to her :oops:

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Knight
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Knight » Tue 21 Mar 2006 6:06 pm

Heh, no real bearing on anything this but I once heard some one say in conversation; refering to some one; "Him, her or it."
Honestly I thought he was calling everyone a hermit, because when you say it fast it does sound like 'hermit'... totally useless thing to mention...
Anyway, since finding myself visiting here more often I've added it to my hotkeys, now it's just Alt+K, I cant remember the last time I went surfing the old interweb with a core of about 8 sites it keeps me in touch with everything I need ... by the way I find Google works as handy spell-checker, just type the word and it returns, if wrong did you mean... useful if you're not running MS Word or at a PC that doesn't have a spell checker.
Only those with KC know the hidden beauty of a Christmas Tree.

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Tue 21 Mar 2006 6:40 pm

Knight

Some languages have a vocabulary that allows you to use personal pronouns without ascribint personal gender.

But, not english

Ah well. :?

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”