Sweet - what are you still doing up???

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

Susan Mason
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Sweet - what are you still doing up???

Postby Susan Mason » Sun 19 Mar 2006 2:25 am

Hello Sweet

Are you still up???

or maybe have you just come back in, sorry couldn't resist posting when I saw you as member using the forum

best wishes Susan x
don't let the people that mean nothing to you get you down, because in the end they are worth nothing to you, they are just your obstacles in life to trip you up!

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 19 Mar 2006 9:35 am

Sweet was evidently not the only one up late!

Anbrew
Andrew MacLean

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Sun 19 Mar 2006 1:22 pm

Susan i have been up all night but the internet went down so i left here. Just couldn't sleep, worrying about whether i can put my lenses in or not, because if i can i can go back to work on Thursday.

I don't sleep a lot and am mostly up doing something, just only now i can be seen as i turned off being invisible here!

Hoping you are ok and as Andrew has said you were obviously up as well. You're welcome to email or phone me anytime, have little else to do right now anyway! LOL!

Take care, Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

Susan Mason
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Susan Mason » Sun 19 Mar 2006 2:07 pm

Think I was up remembering the joys of childbirth (not that I noticed it that much at the time, I am told I was an odd mother).

Now as it has passed 10:57am on the 19th he is 9 and don't I just wish at the moment he was a baby again!
He had me up at the vrack of dawn, opened every present he could find without noticing what was from who and then tried tripping me up (lens less you see) with the playstation wires.

And what is to come later in the day, well we asked did he want to go out for tea and made a suggestion as to where to which he replied 'no thank you mummy, I would much rather go to that nice restaurant you and daddy go to' so later we are off there.

In truth though I wouldn't part with him for the world ...... but where does he get all the funny comments from ???

I wonder?

speak soon

Susan
don't let the people that mean nothing to you get you down, because in the end they are worth nothing to you, they are just your obstacles in life to trip you up!

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 19 Mar 2006 2:55 pm

Susan

Ours are 23 and 25. Every age brings its own particular joys. :D

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Susan Mason
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Susan Mason » Sun 19 Mar 2006 4:26 pm

Hi Andrew

I am looking forwards to him getting taller and handsome (I am told he is quite a looker already) and then he can take me out and I can pretend he is my toy boy!

He seems not too keen on this idea at present, at 9yrs he is saying mom, don't do that as he tactlessly wipes the kisses off, until that is I remind him if I don't get enough kisses I may step on his PS2 which obviously I can't see that well.
Possibly mummy is teasing him just a little too much?

Susan

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 19 Mar 2006 4:48 pm

My wife and I can still remember the day when she was about to set off to walk our then very young son to school. before he left the house he said, "can I just have my kiss now?"

:cry:

:D

A
Last edited by Andrew MacLean on Sun 19 Mar 2006 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew MacLean

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Sun 19 Mar 2006 5:12 pm

LOL : Susan and Andrew!

That must have been funni!....But is it me or are kids now too far advanced!.....I was observing my little 11 month and his "crew" at Nursery the other day whilst picking him up and there all soo advanced in terms of knowing there surroundings and stuff!.....its actually quite amusing to see the change of my little one when he is their and when he is at home....
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -
(C) Copyright 2005 KP

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Sun 19 Mar 2006 5:15 pm

I think that kids grow up way too fast as well and i don't have any! LOL! But as i helped bring my little sister up from the age of five i think that counts hehe.

I did get mad though when my dad bought her a mobile phone at the age of eleven! I was like when is she ever going to be left alone at her age that she will need a phone!! But of course the answer was that they all have them! :wink: Gee peer pressure!!

Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Sun 19 Mar 2006 5:22 pm

Oh yeh! Mobile fones for like 8 year olds!! Whats that about?....And whats more annoying is those parents that say "Oh we want to know that Little Peter is safe!"....Jeez....so how did we all grow up and go through Nursery and school??!

Dont get me started on that one! lol...I think XBox 2 and stuf is fine (as then i play it!) but the line is drawn at PC in their own room w/ Internet Access and mobile fones until there at a reasonable age!..
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -

(C) Copyright 2005 KP

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”