Oh ... now i am falling behind!!

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Oh ... now i am falling behind!!

Postby Sweet » Thu 16 Mar 2006 3:35 pm

Oh dear oh dear ... now look what has happened!! I move house and am offline and now i've fallen WAY behind on the poll numbers!! LMAO!! Hehehe ... a little crafty sweet is thinking it would be really sneaky to post to myself again and again
and .....
again hehe until i beat you all!!!!!!!!

LOL ... WHO SAID THAT???!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hehehe anyone want some PINK Easter egg??!!!!! said i with a mouthful of chocolate!!!
Sweet X x X

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby GarethB » Thu 16 Mar 2006 3:58 pm

Sounds grose :shock:
Gareth

Sweet
Committee
Committee

Postby Sweet » Thu 16 Mar 2006 4:00 pm

LMAO!! You are not supposed to eat the pink wrapper!! LOL!!! :P
Sweet X x X

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Thu 16 Mar 2006 4:31 pm

I misread Gareth's post as "sounds grouse"! I was about to say you'e have to wait untik August 12 and I realized that he'd posted gross :D

Claire We all look forward to reading your posts. Problem is if we keep replying you're not going to make progress.

Maybe John will give you some extra credit for being the first person ever to incorporate a pink egg in her sig

By the way, did you notice the shifty little eye patch that Knight included in my sig icon?
Andrew MacLean

Sweet
Committee
Committee

Postby Sweet » Thu 16 Mar 2006 4:38 pm

Hehe i might have had a little help with that from John LOL! And yes i did notice your sig lol!

Little things eh?!! ROFL! :P
Sweet X x X

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Thu 16 Mar 2006 4:46 pm

Yep. I'm happy to acknowledge that I'm easily amused.

Yesterday I had a terrible accident in the supermarket. I had popped in to buy some milk, and was standing at the checkout waiting my turn. I was in the 'express queue" so it was taking longer than in the regular one.

Somebody had foolishly left little packs of six Creme Eggs (the sort made by that nice Mr Cadbury in Bourneville). They were sitting there, sad and forlorn, next to the queue where everybody had already satisfied their purchasing requirements.

I reached out and picked up one of those pathetic, forgotten packets and decided that I'd pay for it and take it home, in the vain hope that somebody else would take pity on the others.

Of course, this is the season of Lent, so I'm not eating chocolate, but donating what I might have been spending on it to a charity that does eye operations in the Third World.

My daughter managed to step into the breach and has promised to put the little eggs out of their collective and individual misery.

BUT my wife told me that she did not think that the eggs had been accidentally abandoned at the checkout. She thinks that they were put there by the shop as a ploy to make saps like me buy them.

Surely the kind people at Morrisons could not be so calculating?

Andrew
Last edited by Andrew MacLean on Thu 16 Mar 2006 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew MacLean

Sweet
Committee
Committee

Postby Sweet » Thu 16 Mar 2006 5:00 pm

LMAO!!! NO WAY! I don't think that someone in Tesco could be so mean as to make you all walk past these helpless little Creme eggs and then feel sorry enough to feel you needed to buy them! LOL!! That is something i would have so done as well!!

Hehe .. i am well known amongst my three best friends for being a Creme egg queen! :oops: When i went to Japan over ten years ago my mother very nicely packed a pack of six in my suitcase to keep me happy as they don't have Cadburys chocolate over there! Well, needless to say that two of them never made it inside the suitcase as they suddenly disappeared while i was packing! :oops:

And then when we got there the other four didn't have long to wait!! While my friends were trying to sleep as it was night by the time we arrived i could hear the Creme eggs desperate pleas to escape and feeling a great need to put them out of their misery i turned on all the lights woke everyone up and proceeded to rumage through my cases to find them!! LOL!! I will NEVER live that one down as even now my friend Charlotte still sings the little 'help me please' Creme egg song in the little squeaky voice i sang in my deperate struggle to free them!!!! :roll: :lol: Hehe even though we had been awake for over fourty hours the girls did find it extremely funny and we all sat down to a Creme agg picnic before we laughed ourselves to sleep! ROFL!!! That memory is totally priceless, although we didn't get any real chocolate for another three weeks while waiting for Cadbury parcels from home!!

Hehe so Andrew i can say that i really agree with you and that i would have quite happily done the same thing. Hehe, you can always send one my way if you have too many!! LOL!! Just let it float down the Thames and it will find me!!! :P :twisted:

Happy chocolate time!! sweet
Sweet X x X

Rob Armstrong
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby Rob Armstrong » Fri 17 Mar 2006 12:09 am

Yep supermarkets employ psyhcologists who come up with stuff like that - to generate "impulse buys".

It's also why they move stuff around from time to time, to force you to break from a set routine and actually look at what is on the shelves, venture down aisles you might normally skip etc.

Loyalty cards to monitor what you're buying so they can send you offers for related items.

You have been warned...

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Fri 17 Mar 2006 2:40 pm

Oh well

Maybe if I keep biying the wrong stuff I'll be taken off Supermarket duties.

8)

A
Andrew MacLean

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby GarethB » Fri 17 Mar 2006 2:47 pm

Us men can not help but get the wrong stuff if what we want is not there!

It is the hunter gatherer in us.
Gareth

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”